Boston Marathon Explosions

The 11 most mystifying things the Tsarnaev brothers did...

On Monday, it became official: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was charged with "use of a weapon of mass destruction" and "malicious destruction of property resulting in death" for his alleged role in last Monday's bombing of the Boston marathon. The federal criminal complaint comes three days after police captured Tsarnaev in a boat in Watertown, Massachusetts, and four days after a manhunt for these specific suspects began in earnest. For the time being, law enforcement officials believe Dzhokhar and his older brother, Tamerlan, who was killed Friday, acted alone.

Dzhokhar and Tamerlan's motive—or motives—is still unclear. But that's not the only unknown. Many of the Tsarnaevs' actions last week seem baffling in retrospect. Here are some of the most confounding things they did:

continue...

http://www.motherjon...ev-brothers-did

They had a BB gun on them. :lol:

The 11 most mystifying things the Tsarnaev brothers did...

On Monday, it became official: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was charged with "use of a weapon of mass destruction" and "malicious destruction of property resulting in death" for his alleged role in last Monday's bombing of the Boston marathon. The federal criminal complaint comes three days after police captured Tsarnaev in a boat in Watertown, Massachusetts, and four days after a manhunt for these specific suspects began in earnest. For the time being, law enforcement officials believe Dzhokhar and his older brother, Tamerlan, who was killed Friday, acted alone.

Dzhokhar and Tamerlan's motive—or motives—is still unclear. But that's not the only unknown. Many of the Tsarnaevs' actions last week seem baffling in retrospect. Here are some of the most confounding things they did:

continue...

http://www.motherjon...ev-brothers-did

They had a BB gun on them. :lol:

I'm starting to think Shawn Watson was right and these 2 did act alone. what a couple of morons. If morons can do this much damage, it's scare to think about what a well-planned operation could do.

I'm starting to think Shawn Watson was right and these 2 did act alone. what a couple of morons. If morons can do this much damage, it's scare to think about what a well-planned operation could do.

fear is probably the most powerful weapon, especially to a society so acclimated to comfort and safety. and anyone can invoke fear because random acts of violence are terrifying and impossible to understand.

If you can't see the difference between a terroristic act against the United States and the day-to-day situations the courts deal with then we will never agree on this situation.

How is this different than Sandy Hook (other than being dramatically less lethal)? It's a crime. It's not warfare.

I guess that I'm not as willing to toss the Constitutional rights of US citizens aside as you are. It's troubling that you think otherwise but (as you noted) the court system can correct mistakes by law enforcement.

• Fire 3

How easily we set aside our morals. He did something bad - he deserves no rights.

The journey to a broken America starts with one step. The sad thing is we took that step, and many others, years ago. But nobody noticed.

And every time we take another step, it becomes easier to take yet another, and another.

Exactly right.

And in situations like this the flag waving Constitution crowd is the first to set aside rights. :(

Williams-Sonoma, the specialty retailer of home furnishings and gourmet cookware with over 250 stores in the United States, has pulled pressure cookers from their shelves following the Boston Marathon bombing.

"It's a temporary thing out of respect," said Kent, who is the Store Manager of the Williams-Sonoma at the Natick Mall. He referred Patch to corporate for further questions. Williams-Sonomaalso has a local branch at Legacy Place in Dedham.

http://dedham.patch.com/articles/williams-sonoma-pulls-pressure-cookers-off-shelves-in-massachusetts-4f18ea7b

wjw...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2313249/Boston-bomber-search-Moment-SWAT-teams-ordered-innocent-neighbors-houses-GUNPOINT.html

A startling home-made video now shows the terrifying moments where Watertown residents were forced out of their homes at gunpoint as SWAT teams performed door-to-door searches as they hunted the second marathon bomber.

While millions of Bostonians waited in their houses on Friday during the city-wide lockdown, the people of Watertown were faced with SWAT officers yelling at them to get out of the buildings immediately.

At the time, the Boston police department and federal agents were barely criticized, but now many are concerned about the dangerous precedent that could lead to more police searches using the rationale of ‘exigent circumstances’ as an excuse.

http://www.dailymail...s-GUNPOINT.html

A startling home-made video now shows the terrifying moments where Watertown residents were forced out of their homes at gunpoint as SWAT teams performed door-to-door searches as they hunted the second marathon bomber.

While millions of Bostonians waited in their houses on Friday during the city-wide lockdown, the people of Watertown were faced with SWAT officers yelling at them to get out of the buildings immediately.

At the time, the Boston police department and federal agents were barely criticized, but now many are concerned about the dangerous precedent that could lead to more police searches using the rationale of ‘exigent circumstances’ as an excuse.

Eh.

I have absolutely no problem with the BPD et al doing what they did with the house to house searching. If that doesn't meet the definition of exigent circumstance, then I don't know what does and it should probably be removed from law altogether. But I'm sure that opinion just makes me a poster board retard that will readily trample on anyone's rights. Or something equally absurd.

I have absolutely no problem with the BPD et al doing what they did with the house to house searching. If that doesn't meet the definition of exigent circumstance, then I don't know what does and it should probably be removed from law altogether. But I'm sure that opinion just makes me a poster board retard that will readily trample on anyone's rights. Or something equally absurd.

Nope, you are good in my book. Just looks like people looking for a reason to complain.

It was one day before 4/20 when they were doing home searches, I'm sure some stoners were freaking out.

http://www.dailymail...s-GUNPOINT.html

Eh.

Eh? I can get kicked out of my house, at gunpoint, and have it searched with no warrant?

Eh? I can get kicked out of my house, at gunpoint, and have it searched with no warrant?

Technically speaking . . . sure. You can be kicked out of your house, at gunpoint, and have it searched with no warrant.

If they find illegal things in your possession they can't be used against you in a criminal case. The bombing suspects probably don't have standing to challenge the illegal search if they are hiding in your home without your permission.