goodbye student section hello general admission

I have to bring this up for the sake of perspective. Isnt Michigan's student section like 15,000 head? And Nebraska's only like 8,000?

Would Nebraska have the same issues if our student section was literally double the size it is now?

Yes. But that's because we only have about 25,000 students as compared to 45,000 students at Michigan.

I have to bring this up for the sake of perspective. Isnt Michigan's student section like 15,000 head? And Nebraska's only like 8,000?

Would Nebraska have the same issues if our student section was literally double the size it is now?

They also have double the student population.

EDIT: Damn you, Landlord!

As far as ratio of student seats:students, it is almost identical.

Pelini ain't offering no donuts.

They also have double the student population.

EDIT: Damn you, Landlord!

Terminator-deal-with-it.gif

I have heard that Perlman is trying to get our enrollment up to 30k. It would be interesting to see if they would make any changes to make the section bigger. The demand here has got to outweigh that at Michigan. I know last year there were only like 500 freshman who got football tickets because that is all they had left after the upperclassmen.

I have heard that Perlman is trying to get our enrollment up to 30k. It would be interesting to see if they would make any changes to make the section bigger. The demand here has got to outweigh that at Michigan. I know last year there were only like 500 freshman who got football tickets because that is all they had left after the upperclassmen.

Our student section size is already pathetic with the current amount of students. If they increase the enrollment that much it will be a travesty. It's their football team before it's anyone elses, and we give them cheap seats and hardly any of them.

Our student section size is already pathetic with the current amount of students. If they increase the enrollment that much it will be a travesty. It's their football team before it's anyone elses, and we give them cheap seats and hardly any of them.

You got that right. But we've been saying that for awhile now. Students are valued because we don't pay a donation every year.

It's hilarious that bribery is needed at one of the "prestigous" football schools.

I think it has a lot to do with the remnants of the Rich Rod years. Now I'm a diehard, so I was at every one of those games at least an hour early, but a lot of people weren't. I think some of that attitude was kind of left over in some of the students here now. A HUGE part of UM's student base is out of state, so many don't grow up watching UM games and dreaming to be there, they have to learn to love the team. If you start off with Rich Rod, it might leave a bitter taste in one's mouth. Hopefully it gets better as UM gets their sh#t back together.

GA will at least reward the kids who want to be there.

It's hilarious that bribery is needed at one of the "prestigous" football schools.

I think it has a lot to do with the remnants of the Rich Rod years. Now I'm a diehard, so I was at every one of those games at least an hour early, but a lot of people weren't. I think some of that attitude was kind of left over in some of the students here now. A HUGE part of UM's student base is out of state, so many don't grow up watching UM games and dreaming to be there, they have to learn to love the team. If you start off with Rich Rod, it might leave a bitter taste in one's mouth. Hopefully it gets better as UM gets their sh#t back together.

GA will at least reward the kids who want to be there.

bill-Callahan-cornhuskers.jpg5012dbcd3ccb0.preview-620.jpg

Whatever.