goodbye student section hello general admission

the real problem is having noon games

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130422/SPORTS0201/304220428/Michigan-switches-student-seating-general-admission-football-games

Michigan will begin using general admission seating for students at football games in 2013 as a way to increase on-time arrival of fans.

Large portions of Michigan Stadium student sections have been empty at kickoff in recent seasons, and last fall athletic director Dave Brandon promised to address the issue. The problem has been especially noticeable for games that begin at noon.

Michigan announced the new policy on its athletics website, MGoBlue.com: "New this season is that all student seating will be general admission. This change in policy from reserved seating was put in place as the student section is the driving force behind our home field advantage and we need students to get there early and often to create a loud and full student section for kickoff."

U-M said more details about general admission seating would be available prior to the season. A student season ticket for 2013 costs $280.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130422/SPORTS0201/304220428#ixzz2RM0xYJOk

[/left]

Just students. It will be a first-come, first serve basis, like UNL is.

I was gonna say.

I didnt realize Some/most schools had "reserved" seating. I knew they had a reserved spot by buying a student ticket, but I did not realize some actually told you where you had to sit. I thought all students sections were like Nebraska's where it was first come first serve. I guess that's what was throwing me off about this story some.

the real problem is having noon games

http://www.detroitne...-football-games

Michigan will begin using general admission seating for students at football games in 2013 as a way to increase on-time arrival of fans.

Large portions of Michigan Stadium student sections have been empty at kickoff in recent seasons, and last fall athletic director Dave Brandon promised to address the issue. The problem has been especially noticeable for games that begin at noon.

Michigan announced the new policy on its athletics website, MGoBlue.com: "New this season is that all student seating will be general admission. This change in policy from reserved seating was put in place as the student section is the driving force behind our home field advantage and we need students to get there early and often to create a loud and full student section for kickoff."

U-M said more details about general admission seating would be available prior to the season. A student season ticket for 2013 costs $280.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitne...8#ixzz2RM0xYJOk

[/left]

I personally think this is good for your school - this has been status quo at Nebraska for as long as I can remember; always seems to work out well for all except the lazy asses who can't wake up.

I personally think this is good for your school - this has been status quo at Nebraska for as long as I can remember; always seems to work out well for all except the lazy asses who can't wake up.

Did they finally tell the late-arrivals tough luck? When I was there, everyone pretty well understood that it was first-come-first-served but you'd always have a few who would show up in the middle of the first quarter and insist you move out of their seat. They'd go get the ushers who'd make you move. I asked an usher once if he wanted to re-seat the entire student section. He never replied.

If they really care, they'd be there. Even if it was 8 am.

Exactly, general admission hasn't stopped some of Nebraska's student section from arriving late for 11am kicks. It sucks for the people who are actually there for the game because you have to show up early for good seats.

And I understand the issue. There are a great many out of state kids that frankly dont give a sh#t about Nebraska football at this time. now, they may grown into it, but theyre not bleeding big red-yet. They go to these sporting events as mostly a social event, whereas the rest of the fans go as a pilgramage to a cutthroat, life or death event.