Main Targets at this point

HANC

I know that I could comb through a lot of different threads and put the pieces together, but it is easier to ask...

This is for anyone who has info....., but it seems as if Nameless and Hootin have pretty good info.....

Nameless stated that with the 6 remaining schollies left, we would probably target a WR (Purify or Maclin), OT, RT and 3 defensive backs..

I am asking, who do you guys think will fill these final 6 slots.... OR should I ask, who are the guys we are still targeting at this time for these spots...

Thanks for the info.

You are asking a loaded question. There might be 1 more commit on the way. I will know more tommarow evening. If we don't get a commit (it's iffy at this point) then i will give you my opinion of who is remaining. Right now, with so many visits taking place around the country, it's better to wait and see how some of the recruits we are after will affect them

There's no way you can say something like "Well, the coaching staff really would like to get so and so..?"

I think his question was more of "who are we still targeting" then who the coaches want. I think that's what he is asking..i could be wrong

Sure, I obviously know that you can't really ask "who do the coaches 'want' "

As Nameless states, I was just wondering whom we are "targeting" for these positions... I know that Purify/Maclin appear to be the guys we are after for the WR spot.... I wanted to find a few names that we may be targeting for the DB...

Or maybe "who we have the best shot of landing" would be a better way to ask.

:thumbs I appreciate the info.

hello, as for cb's ross, cox, & culbert who visited they will be waiting to make their decision until army aa for cox & ross, & late jan/early feb for culbert, & all 3 will be going somewhere other than NU

yet, wright is near a decision, & may verbal sometime this wk or next - he has completed his visits to his top schools - or, az, az st, & NU (I believe he has ruled out his lsu visit) - he visited az & az st in back to back weekend trips - he is very interested in early playing time & mentioned that on his visit to NU w/ bradford after me/NU game (& I do not know if NU can give that to him - yet, who knows he loved his NU visit, & NU has not fade w/ him)

wallace & davis are going to wait - wallace will verbal to his school of choice during army aa game, & tessell has been recruiting him very hard, & paid wallace a very resent home visit (right after pa st visit), & its b/w NU, oh st, & pa st, & I think that NU may be 3rd at this moment - davis just visit va, & has wv next wk & then nc st, & he like mouton who just visited usc, & completed his visits to his top 4 schools(UN, mi, & lsu) will be mulling over their decisions for sometime - probably until jan

okung will also wait until he visits all of his top 5 (he has 3 to go, so it will not be until jan for him, & NU may have recently x-ed him off anyway)

mitchell just visited lsu & will must likely be comparing NU next wk to his fav lsu when he visits - he wants early playing time, & that is the main reason why he is checking out other schools besides lsu - NU can give him early playing time, but lsu is home - yet, anything can happen

purify is being recruited the hardest of any recruit, right now, & I think that NU is going to get him (which could tick some fans off, since he is another juco) - his next visit is to wa 01/13, which is forever from now, & will not happen anyway, because he will be N by then

issac is N, walton - who knows when he will verbal (b/w pa st & NU, w/ a lean toward the former), wilson has his visit to fl next wk - & who knows which way he will go, yet he should make a committment one way or the other shortly after that, since he is a jan grad - plus, I would not be shocked if he verbals to fl, & royster & toston shun NU for putting them 2nd to wilson

p.s. I hope that I helped, & did not confuse anyone

issac is N, walton - who knows when he will verbal (b/w pa st & NU, w/ a lean toward the former), wilson has his visit to fl next wk - & who knows which way he will go, yet he should make a committment one way or the other shortly after that, since he is a jan grad - plus, I would not be shocked if he verbals to fl, & royster & toston shun NU for putting them 2nd to wilson

I think Toston verballed to Okie state today so you can cross him off

I think Toston verballed to Okie state today so you can cross him off

Toston was never really on NU's radar to begin with. Not sure why hootin mentioned him