Mack Brown should have punished for 70-3

HuskersGJ

This has got to be some of the most pathetic bs... i mean someone thought this was such a good thing to whine about, they felt compelled to take the time to write about it to the Denver Post.

The 70-3 humiliation that Texas heaped upon Colorado results in Colorado's coach's removal.

What's wrong with this picture? A few years back, the Nebraska coach administered a similar humiliation on the coach at Minnesota, who lost his job. The real goat in this scene is the Texas coach who could have been a gentleman and started really early putting in substitutes, thus giving them playing time. But, no, that isn't what gets rewarded.

The Nebraska coach wasn't scolded for his brutish conduct. Instead, they named a street after him and sent him to Congress. Maybe they thought he would be in like company there.

Go ahead and reward and applaud behavior like this, but don't refer to it as sport.

Lynn Jamison, Lakewood

In other words: Barney should have kept his job after producing a completely unprepared team two games in a row but Mack Brown, that bastard, should be reprimanded! and just because we Buffies hate the TO, and love to get any kind of BS smack at the Huskers we can get-- yeah TO should've been punished too! and then those Husker jerks go and reward him by voting him to Congress even after what he did to Minnesota! how awful! at least we buffies still know integrity! :smokin

BTW, I assume the Nebraska game she's referring to would be the 84-13 squeaker vs Minnesota in '83...?

IMO on running up scores- if your team's defense can't stop 'em, whether the opponent has in their starters or their backups- that's your team's fault.

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_3298349

BTW, a couple other letters mention Nebraska. I especially like the last one, with the comment about Sykes.

Lynn Jamison, Lakewood

Well, I guess she is a woman, right?

You know how some of them get emotional about competition. You know what I find interesting? Sometimes it's the ones who can't take savage beatings (in sports or other competition) that actually want to be dominated the most

Go figure :woo

:restore2

========

I apologize for my overuse of the :woo icon. It's just too fun, and such a great expression.

Barnett was history anyway......the scandal had him on the ropes and the way CU was playing just tipped him over into the abyss.......too bad they had to pay the jerk 3 million to leave......a reward for being piss-poor and running an out-of-control program.....oh well, let the CU cry babies drown in their tears......they can hate Texas now, just like they hate NU...time for them to blame everyone for their own problems........

hunter

I do have to hand it to Barnett though. He did make the NU/CU rivalry rather interesting in the last few years. I don't think there is a program in the nation that hates the Huskers more then the Buffs and vice versa. I am not sure the next coach coming in can keep that same type of hatred going. He could try, but i don't think he will live up to the hype that Barnett brought to the table.

The 70-3 humiliation that Texas heaped upon Colorado results in Colorado's coach's removal.

What's wrong with this picture? A few years back, the Nebraska coach administered a similar humiliation on the coach at Minnesota, who lost his job. The real goat in this scene is the Texas coach who could have been a gentleman and started really early putting in substitutes, thus giving them playing time. But, no, that isn't what gets rewarded.

The Nebraska coach wasn't scolded for his brutish conduct. Instead, they named a street after him and sent him to Congress. Maybe they thought he would be in like company there.

Go ahead and reward and applaud behavior like this, but don't refer to it as sport.

Lynn Jamison, Lakewood

Nebraska took a licken' last year from Texas Tech. I did not hear anyone cry or say " Texas Techers are mean! They should be nice and not run up the score". Teams get smoked all of the time. Some teams are just a lot better than others, even when they put in the 3rd stringers. Texas is that good, CU is not. If a coach does not wish to get blown out, he needs to prepare his team better, recruit better, and know how to adjust during a game; not ask the other team for leniency. If a team puts in it 3rd and 4th stringers and calls only run plays, and still scores; your team is not that good. It is not the fault of the opposing teams coach.

Barnett was not fired simply for this. Yes, he did get beat his last three games; but, he has had a tumultuous last few years. This is just what iced it.

I'm not old enough to remember the Minnesota game, but i do remember either hearing TO talk about it or reading about it in More Than Winning, his 1st biography. Either way, he expressed regret at the score but felt there really wasn't anything more he could do. It was a road game so they were only allowed to take the travel squad, which means third string was as deep on the depth chart he could go. You can't tell your kids not to play hard and I seriously doubt there was even a pass in the last quarter and a half. It probably would have been even more demeaning if he had the qb start taking a knee in the 3rd quarter. CU suffers from the worst inferiority complex I've ever seen.