Republicans: either a). Buy More Tinfoil or b). Are Smarter

Any poll can ask questions that can aim for specific results. Most people know the answer a registered R or D will give to most questions, and if you ask the right ones, you can make one side look a little crazy. Was it asked about if President Bush ordered 9/11, or the 1% percent are intentionally trying to keep poor people poor, that FDR allowed Pearl harbor to happen so the US would be forced into WWII, or the CIA killed JFK. Each side has its crazies, each side has its uneducated followers. Trying to put 20-30% of Americans who are republicans down as dumb, redneck, racists is just trolling if you ask me.

Good response. I agree that these questions here were either asked or just posted in this way by the writer to assess that Repubs are tin foilers, while Democrats are less loony, yet if you look at it from the other side, I bet your examples or ones like aliens (whether valid or not) and ghost would teeter slightly to the other side (this is based off my own experiences with both parties.)

Survey shows Republicans more likely to believe that aliens crashed in Roswell

I think it doesn't shock anyone to learn that generally; Republicans are–depending on your own analysis–less inclined to believe outside the fundamentalist box/more traditionally Christian, and that Democrats are less restrained/more alternative in their religious thinking

God vs. Ghost isn't exactly the same a believing conspiracies.

Here is somethig I found interesting:

people don't tend to believe in a conspiracy theory because of the specifics, but rather because of higher-order beliefs that support conspiracy-like thinking more generally. A popular example of such higher-order beliefs is a severe “distrust of authority.” The authors go on to suggest that conspiracism is therefore not just about belief in an individual theory, but rather an ideological lens through which we view the world.

(NRA anyone?)

belief in conspiracy theories has recently been linked to the rejection of science (and) belief in conspiracy theories has recently been linked to the rejection of science.

I'd like to add to Tin Foil Club the uproar over the Justice Dept's investigations into who leaked to the AP the CIA's classifed details of a Yemen operation that still had assets in the field--an investigation that both parties insisted on.

And this is why it gets more and more difficult to take the right seriously:

943488_10151407215990773_80680125_n.jpg

Oh brother...it's a joke. I guess it's just not acceptable to make a joke about your man.

Did you read the link? It isn't a joke. Conservative nutjobs are legitimately upset about this newest "scandal".

http://www.washingto...-a-scandal-now/

The conservative Daily Caller wrote up the incident with the headline, “Obama breaches Marine umbrella protocol.”

“Mr. President, when it rains it pours, but most Americans hold their own umbrellas,” former Alaska governor Sarah Palin tweeted.

“These guys aren’t valets,” one conservative blogger wrote, though he also guessed that previous presidents had done the same thing “because the optics are sufficiently bad that Team O wouldn’t have tried it without precedent to cite in its defense.” Anotherwrote, “This is the nuclear version of bad optics.” The conservative Move America Forward PAC put out a fundraising e-mail on the subject:

Guess what party I am affiliated with:

I don't believe in Aliens, the space kind, I believe in a woman's choice, I think Obama is an idiot, I think George W was the definition of idiocy, There is too much CYA in Washington DC, Republicans and Democrats each have their extremes (far right and far left), people should not read or view articles or TV from either side without reading or viewing the counter points. And I get my news from the BBC because I cannot stomach FOX or MSNBC, and oh yeah, Rush Limbaugh is a douche. What am I.

I don't believe in Aliens, the space kind, I believe in a woman's choice, I think Obama is an idiot, I think George W was the definition of idiocy, There is too much CYA in Washington DC, Republicans and Democrats each have their extremes (far right and far left), people should not read or view articles or TV from either side without reading or viewing the counter points. And I get my news from the BBC because I cannot stomach FOX or MSNBC, and oh yeah, Rush Limbaugh is a douche. What am I.

Not sure, however if you figure it out and your church doesn't approve, Dr. Bachmann's clinic might be a good place to find your cure.

Not sure, however if you figure it out and your church doesn't approve, Dr. Bachmann's clinic might be a good place to find your cure.

Now I take offense to your reference that I am gay or that you are calling me gay. My point must have been to ambiguous. Let me clarify. Every political party has extremes. Far right and far left. Not every Republican is a bible toting conspiracy theorist and not every Democrat is a bleeding liberal. So I can clarify it further for you, I am a Republican that obviously is not as far right as you.

Now I take offense to your reference that I am gay or that you are calling me gay. My point must have been to ambiguous. Let me clarify. Every political party has extremes. Far right and far left. Not every Republican is a bible toting conspiracy theorist and not every Democrat is a bleeding liberal. So I can clarify it further for you, I am a Republican that obviously is not as far right as you.

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply or say that you are gay. The question 'what am I?' is an important on for people who ponder in many areas, not just sexuality or politics. By the way, I hope we as a society past the point where calling someone gay or asian or a muslim or a girl or NRA member is a put down. It is only an insult if a person sees negative attributes of the people they have been associated.

Since the topic was Tin foil, I saw your question as another chance to bring up a popular myth--the idea that Gays need and can be

cured ie Dr Buchmann.

It sounds like you are a rational person.