Redskins will "never" change name

Yea, Freak, you don't really understand the situation. What's funny is that you are lamenting the government intrusion when the Redskins are asking for government help to protect their brand. So why is it that you don't think THAT is government intrusion??

No I completely understand and think that the Gov't will end up stepping in, in some way. Thus saying that they know how to live our lives better than we do. Thanks for telling me what I don't understand though. Oh and I never said I was bitching one way or the other, just think the Gov't needs to stay out of it. This is a Civil matter period.

Yea, Freak, you don't really understand the situation. What's funny is that you are lamenting the government intrusion when the Redskins are asking for government help to protect their brand. So why is it that you don't think THAT is government intrusion??

No I completely understand and think that the Gov't will end up stepping in, in some way. Thus saying that they know how to live our lives better than we do. Thanks for telling me what I don't understand though. Oh and I never said I was bitching one way or the other, just think the Gov't needs to stay out of it. This is a Civil matter period.

So you just think that, no matter what happens, the government is telling us how to live our lives. Makes perfect sense.

I didn't say that. People are Offended by them calling their team the Redskins, So....You think the Gov't should intervene because people Think it is insulting? I mean seriously next time someone calls me a jackass I should call the police then? I mean It is insulting to me. I really do not personally know how they feel in this matter nor did I say either side is wrong. What I did say is that I think the Gov't should stay out of it. Let one party sue the other and then what ever is decided then I guess that's it.

I didn't say that. People are Offended by them calling their team the Redskins, So....You think the Gov't should intervene because people Think it is insulting? I mean seriously next time someone calls me a jackass I should call the police then? I mean It is insulting to me. I really do not personally know how they feel in this matter nor did I say either side is wrong. What I did say is that I think the Gov't should stay out of it. Let one party sue the other and then what ever is decided then I guess that's it.

Brilliant. That's a "Keep your government hands off my Medicare" level statement right there.

• Fire 1

If someone is profiting off of using a term that your ethnicity and heritage find offensive and you have gone to that person and asked them to stop but yet they continue so you take it to the next level, and the next and the next......

Pretty soon, you will contact your congressperson and continue on until you have exhausted all means of getting this person to stop profiting off of the name you find offensive.

SO "keeping the government out of it" is just a blanket statement that has no real merit to it.

The government is not "intervening."