Good news for us re: Obamacare/ACA

Interesting article.

Should Obamacare get rid of employer mandate?

If I didn't have to provide health insurance I could give the average employee in our company around a 15% pay increase and I would gladly do it if I didn't have to deal with it and they were able to go get affordable health care on the exchange.

I've been saying that for awhile . . . (does your company employ more than 50 people?)

Sure. Let's talk about fixing the parts of the law that need improvement.

I'd start with getting rid of the employer mandate entirely. It's unnecessary and might carry some significant consequences for around 1% of the workforce.

Yes

Interesting article.

If I didn't have to provide health insurance I could give the average employee in our company around a 15% pay increase and I would gladly do it if I didn't have to deal with it and they were able to go get affordable health care on the exchange.

So for you it's not worth it having the non taxable health insurance? Just curious.

Not sure what you are talking about as far as "non-taxable health insurance". Are you talking about being able to deduct the employer cost?

If so....no.

Interesting article.

So for you it's not worth it having the non taxable health insurance? Just curious.

Not sure what you are talking about as far as "non-taxable health insurance". Are you talking about being able to deduct the employer cost?

If so....no.

Yeah that's it. I'm not familiar with it so I was just curious.

So it doesn't have a negative effect on you and 15% is a pretty hefty raise, but I wonder if that would be enough to cover a family's insurance costs.

We have always offered health insurance and paid 100% of the premium for the employee. If the employee doesn't want on our plan, we have always required them to provide proof of insurance somewhere else. It is a huge cost and quite honestly, a pain in the azz to deal with renewal every year. So, the mandate doesn't really affect us much other than having to make sure we are within the government's criteria for an affordable plan.

We have always thought it was important our employees have health insurance even though if we didn't require it, some wouldn't get it. However, if the government is going to require them to buy it and they don't require us to have it for them, then I would strongly consider dropping it, give them a raise and they go to the exchange.

I would have to weigh how much of a benefit the employees see it being as an employee of our company. Meaning, am I going to have a harder time getting and retaining employees if they have to go to the exchange instead of getting it through us.

BUT, my first thought is that I would rejoice the day we drop the benefit if it's possible. Give the employees a raise and forget about it.

Only a lot of companies, I'm looking more at the publicly traded ones, who would find ways to get around giving anyone raises. And just increase their earnings.

We just need to stop with all these half way and stop gap measures, and just go full single payer. Basically Medicare for everyone. The only real losers are the insurance company execs and stockholders.

Only a lot of companies, I'm looking more at the publicly traded ones, who would find ways to get around giving anyone raises. And just increase their earnings.

We just need to stop with all these half way and stop gap measures, and just go full single payer. Basically Medicare for everyone. The only real losers are the insurance company execs and stockholders.

Well, yeah. Everyone knows this. But just watching 5 minutes of network television in Nebraska this may should tell you all you need to know about how likely that is to happen in the next 20 years

And every other employee in the health insurance industry.

Jobs will be shifted, not lost to oblivion. Guess what, in single-payer there will still need to be a ton of people dealing with medical billing and "claims." It'll just be specifically for providers and for the government, not for the BS insurance middleman.

Well, yeah. Everyone knows this. But just watching 5 minutes of network television in Nebraska this may should tell you all you need to know about how likely that is to happen in the next 20 years

You would be surprised I think. Just need the old people to hurry up and die off.

At this point I'd vote Osborn just to keep Sasse out. Sasse is about 1000x more likely to do/say something to completely embarrass our state. He's practically from the same strain of HIV that produced Rick Santorum.

Dinsdale has no shot.

The Democrats have no shot anywhere.

If you truly believe that, you are about to have a bad day.

I stopped posting in the political forum more than a year ago because no one gets their mind changed. It’s a continual rehash of the same old talking points from both liberals and conservatives. And while I used to relish the intellectual arguments of the debate, no one is listening since both sides are responding while the others are still making their point. Big waste of time and energy)

But I decided to post this today, because while the Governor’s race is extremely tight and likely to go down to the wire, Ben Sasse is going to win the Senate nomination by around 20 points. And, given your vitriolic distaste for him, the results likely won’t cheer you up.

But, maybe it won’t be as bad as you seem to fear:

Ben Sasse Won’t Burn The House Down

Posted By Matt K. Lewis On 10:45 AM 05/13/2014 In Blog - Matt K. Lewis | No Comments

Nebraska’s primary for U.S. Senate takes place today, and Ben Sasse appears to be the front-runner.

And because Sasse is endorsed by the Senate Conservatives Fund — and Sen. Ted Cruz — and Sarah Palin (and got on the wrong side of Mitch McConnell – though there’s little evidence McConnell actually worked against him), it is assumed he will be another scorched-earth tea party Senator.

But don’t count on this university president and former Bush administration official to go shutting down the government any time soon.

Consider this interview today with Chuck Todd:

Expect some observers to make a big deal out of the McConnell comments, but I think his more telling words were these: “I’m for better conservative ideas and more winsome persuasion, and getting to a majority. So obviously, I’m a team player…”

(Note: I think he said “winsome,” but let me know if I’m hearing that wrong.)

My interpretation? Sasse may be a solid conservative, but he’s also a serious problem solver. Thee things are not mutually exclusive. As such, my guess is that Sasse will be more pragmatic than some of his conservative fans today might expect, which is not a bad thing; Ronald Reagan was also quite pragmatic.

So where might Sasse fit in? Don’t forget that Senators including Kelly Ayotte, Marco Rubio, Pat Toomey, Rand Paul, and Jeff Flake were all, to one degree or another, considered “tea party” favorites and conservative darlings. Expect Sasse to fit in well as a serious, mainstream conservative Republican who is sincerely interested in solving problems and passing legislation.

There’s something else important we can derive from Sasse’s comments today, though.

Sometimes the process of enduring a rigorous campaign reveals as much about the character of the candidates as it does about their political ideology. Along those lines, Shane Osborn ended his race this week in somewhat shameful fashion, by demagoguing the immigration issue, and stoking the Republican civil war.

Conversely, Ben Sasse today ends his race today in a gracious and classy manner — as a uniter, not a divider.

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

If you truly believe that, you are about to have a bad day.

. . .

But I decided to post this today, because while the Governor’s race is extremely tight and likely to go down to the wire, Ben Sasse is going to win the Senate nomination by around 20 points. And, given your vitriolic distaste for him, the results likely won’t cheer you up.

But, maybe it won’t be as bad as you seem to fear:

. . .

I agree that Sasse is more of a George W. Bush Republican than a Tea Party sort despite the endorsements of the likes of Cruz and Palin.

As far as a bad day? It's really pretty irrelevant who wins the GOP nomination. They don't disagree on a single issue as far as I can tell. Pick one. Meh.

Yeah, they're indistinguishable, except Sasse is by far the biggest douche and says more stuff that makes you scratch your head than the others. So whatever. I just don't want this moron senator getting our state roasted on the Daily Show for some idiotic thing that he says at some convention somewhere. Which seems likely.

It's always hard to tell who is truly Tea Party and who is merely a Poser Tea Partier during the primaries. Primaries force GOP candidates to the full retard end of the crazy spectrum, because apparently conservative voters don't understand shades of gray. It's either black, white, or SO, SO BLACK AS THE BLACKEST NIGHT. These guys will do whatever it takes to win the primary because they know they're guaranteed the general election as well in this state

• Fire 2