Good news for us re: Obamacare/ACA

Obama has placed in the top third of presidents by political and historical experts

Is this the same group that gave him the peace prize with out really doing anything?

Well things are adjusting. He was deemed the greatest President ever prior to even being elected to the position.

I think that I've seen far more Republicans making that claim (that Obama was deemed the greatest President ever) than I've seen people actually trying to make the claim.

Nothing riles the right like feeling of victimhood. :P

• Fire 1

My insurance broker, who has also been trained to provide assistance/support for people using the health exchange, says the online system still is not working for groups. Individuals have been having intermittent problems but nobody has been able to get a group quote out of the system yet. Is this a good place for another "Thanks Obama"?

The online enrollment process is off to a really bad start. They've got a few months to work the kinks out . . . but there isn't really an excuse for how poorly the system is working right now.

Some people here have complained about the "journ-o-lister," uber left, etc. Ezra Klein. Here's why I respect his work so much:

Five thoughts on the Obamacare disaster

http://www.washingto...pm_business_pop

(Is there a conservative media figure who is so candid and intellectually honest? If so . . . tell me! I want to read their work. Seriously.)

(Is there a conservative media figure who is so candid and intellectually honest? If so . . . tell me! I want to read their work. Seriously.)

george will was alright, other than that... william f. buckley? unfortunately, he is now deceased.

My wife met Bob Woodward over the weekend . . . he's not what he used to be.

Obama has placed in the top third of presidents by political and historical experts

You can't rate a pres until he is out of office - no historical perspective. Must have been experts at CBS or CNN or some liberal think tank. It is too early to rate GWB and maybe even Clinton. Historical perspective raise Reagan's image. We won't know the affects of ObamaCare - Obama's signature success for several years. My opiinion and $5 can buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks is that Obama and Carter are fighting not to be labeled as the worse pres during the last 50 years.

• Fire 1

You can't rate a pres until he is out of office - no historical perspective. Must have been experts at CBS or CNN or some liberal think tank. It is too early to rate GWB and maybe even Clinton. Historical perspective raise Reagan's image. We won't know the affects of ObamaCare - Obama's signature success for several years. My opiinion and $5 can buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks is that Obama and Carter are fighting not to be labeled as the worse pres during the last 50 years.

Bush II will easily be the worst.

Quite a lot can change of course but if major disaster is averted WRT the debt ceiling and Obamacare is merely a decent success, Obama will be near the top. I mean, of COURSE it's too early to make definitive statements. But Obama has not been OMG HORRIBLE IMPEACH NOW like many people like to scream from their soapboxes

Bush II will easily be the worst.

At the very least he will have a strong case. National security failure, foreign policy fiascos, exploding the deficit, economic meltdown, etc.

We'll see. Maybe Iraq and Afghanistan will suddenly turn into those bastions of democracy that we expected when we liberated them. Maybe bringing in less revenue will magically result in bringing in greater revenue. Maybe the WTC will rise from the ashes.

Then again, 4 Americans died in Benghazi. :hmmph

Wow.

I happened to turn on the Hannity show on Fox News last Friday evening. “Average Americans are feeling the pain of Obamacare and the healthcare overhaul train wreck,” Hannity announced, “and six of them are here tonight to tell us their stories.” Three married couples were neatly arranged in his studio, the wives seated and the men standing behind them, like game show contestants.

As Hannity called on each of them, the guests recounted their “Obamacare” horror stories: canceled policies, premium hikes, restrictions on the freedom to see a doctor of their choice, financial burdens upon their small businesses and so on.

“These are the stories that the media refuses to cover,” Hannity interjected.

But none of it smelled right to me. Nothing these folks were saying jibed with the basic facts of the Affordable Care Act as I understand them. I understand them fairly well; I have worked as a senior adviser to a governor and helped him deal with the new federal rules.

I decided to hit the pavement. I tracked down Hannity’s guests, one by one, and did my own telephone interviews with them.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/inside_the_fox_news_lie_machine_i_fact_checked_sean_hannity_on_obamacare/

^^^^ lol, i was linked to that article by another site as well. so good and so ridiculous

I do love how i keep hearing people talk about how high the rates are that they were quoted...without realizing that the premiums you get quoted are always pre-subsidy. Blahhhhh 3 kids on a 70k household income how do i afford that rate...you idiot you aren't gonna pay that rate you're gonna get a real nice subsidy.

The other thing is that people's logic seems to go this route right now:

1. Healthcare.gov malfunctioning

2. Therefore, Obamacare is terrible and broken

instead of

1. Healthcare.gov malfunctioning

2. Fix the website

:confucius