Good news for us re: Obamacare/ACA

That's a really strange criticism. A major legislative overhaul should go into effect all at once instead of staggering the changes for a gradual transition?

Well . . . they have to find something to criticize. They can't admit to the base (yet!) that it's here to stay.

http://www.westernjo...oThw1jWKthvi.99

Guess What This Democrat Just Admitted About Obamacare (It Isn’t Pretty)

Is this Obamacare's dirty little secret?

In a recent radio interview, Massachusetts Rep. Stephen Lynch conceded what millions of ObamaCare opponents already realized. While there is already plenty for critics to complain about, he noted that future mandates will only make the healthcare law less sustainable and more unpopular.

There is a simple reason the administration has systematically staggered the implementation of certain details within the law, he explained.

“There are parts of ObamaCare, or the Affordable Care Act, that have been postponed because they are unpalatable,” he said. “As these provisions come into effect, the administration thus far is saying ‘we can’t handle this now so we’re going to delay it.’”

At some point in the future, however, the other shoe will drop.

“It’s going to hit the fan,” he concluded, noting aspects of the law including mandatory registrations and penalties will give Americans an even clearer look at what a disaster ObamaCare truly is.

“Any individual with an individual healthcare plan that exceeds $10,200 is in a ‘Cadillac plan’,” he said, explaining employers will have to pay “a 40 percent tax on the amount over the maximum established under the Affordable Care Act.”

This represents the first time in American history that healthcare plans have been subject to a tax, Lynch said. Frustratingly, he concluded we are likely stuck with the law at this point.

“I think it would be impossible for a repeal right now,” he said, “because you’ve taken on 31 million new people.”

While he feels that providing insurance to more Americans is “a good thing,” he said the “problem has always been paying for it.”

To do so, Lynch reasoned, those with existing healthcare plans will be on the hook financially, even as they see their policies morphed into coverage that abides by ObamaCare’s mandates.

The administration “made a promise to the 270 million who already had healthcare that your healthcare will either be the same or improved by this,” he said, admitting that will be a “tough promise to live up to under this system.”

Reports indicate Lynch was the only member of his state’s congressional delegation to vote against ObamaCare in 2010. Four years later, it is clear he recognized a threat most of his fellow Democrats were unable – or unwilling – to see.

And so ACA opponents attempt to shift the metric for failure again . . . sure . . . millions of people have gained health coverage, the cost curve is bending down, projected cost of the program is being revised downwards, etc. etc. . . . but increased coverage costs money!!!

No kidding. :P

I've gotta stop parking stuff here while at work, to read later..

I wonder if it would even be possible to go to a "Single Payer" system? I'd imagine a large percentage of Nebraska's higher paying (Insurance) jobs would be eliminated. The Insurance companies are much too powerful to let that happen, and it would probably be way too painful.

Overall, big picture..I suppose the ACA will benefit the greater good...Maybe people like me will actually go to a Dr and get those Cancer diagnosis' in earlier stages and live longer...The niceguy in me doesn't mind too much supplimenting others healthcare...or paying the fine/rax as a protest...I just hope it never gets to the point where I can be forced to seek medical attention. I've already lived more than twice as long as I really wanted.

http://www.vox.com/2...s-and-Obamacare

The most recent Kaiser Family Foundation tracking poll had some good news and some bad news for Obamacare. The good news was that a plurality of Americans know the law signed up 8 million people. The bad news is that a majority of Americans nevertheless think the law fell way short of expectations on enrollment.

That's...weird. It would make sense if the public didn't know the law signed up 8 million people and so they thought it had fallen short on enrollment. But knowing that the law signed up 8 million people is pretty much the same as knowing that it beat enrollment expectations. The response is roughly akin to people knowing that Barack Obama won the electoral college in 2012 but believing he lost the election.

http://www.vox.com/2014/4/29/5663554/fauxbamacare-obamacare-replacement

Scott Brown, who's now running for Senate in New Hampshire, has found the perfect position on Obamacare. He's for it. He's just not for calling it Obamacare.

In an interview with WMUR, he called Obamacare a "disaster." Then he was asked what he's for  — and he went on to describe Obamacare.

"I've always felt that people should either get some type of health care options, or pay for it with a nice competitive fee," he said. "That's all great. I believe it in my heart. In terms of preexisting conditions, catastrophic coverages, covering kids, whatever we want to do." He even said it could "include the Medicaid expansion [for] folks who need that care and coverage."