Good news for us re: Obamacare/ACA

Directed at StPaulHusker and other small business guys, are you a proponent of a single payer healthcare system?

As a business owner, I would absolutely LOVE to not have to pay close to $500,000 per year in health care for employees.

However, I have concerns about it for the health care system. I have worked in the health care system and admit that it has it's faults and is expensive. But, I have also seen and heard horrible stories of working with systems like the VA system. I know doctors and nurses who had absolutely no desire to work within that system and the facilities were FAR behind the facilities I was working in.

Aside from wealthy vs. poor families thing, how about inheritance tax? I say double tax thus technically illegal IMO. Right?

There are serious issues with inheritance tax. It has been improved by giving inheritance up to a certain level exemption but there are still issues.

There is a big problem with having someone give you something of value when they pass on and the taxes you have to pay can get to be so much that you would possibly have to sell that item just to pay the taxes on it.

I am speaking mostly of farm land and/or other properties like that.

There is a big problem with having someone give you something of value when they pass on and the taxes you have to pay can get to be so much that you would possibly have to sell that item just to pay the taxes on it.

For sentimental (and probably selfish) reasons I agree when it comes to real property. That feels different than inheriting a pile of cash.

I suppose that could be addressed through the exemptions process.

Aside from wealthy vs. poor families thing, how about inheritance tax? I say double tax thus technically illegal IMO. Right?

There are serious issues with inheritance tax. It has been improved by giving inheritance up to a certain level exemption but there are still issues.

Or, I know a family business where the parents died, left the business to the kids and they almost went broke paying the taxes. They paid inheritance taxes for 10 years. meanwhile, the kids had worked in the business for decades helping to build it. That is just wrong.

The long-awaited Rand Corp. study of Obamacare's effect on health insurance coverage was released Tuesday and confirmed the numbers that had been telegraphed for more than a week: At least 9.3 million more Americans have health insurance now than in September 2013, virtually all of them as a result of the law.

That's a net figure, accommodating all those who lost their individual health insurance because of cancellations. The Rand study confirms other surveys that placed the number of people who lost their old insurance and did not or could not replace it -- the focus of an enormous volume of anti-Obamacare rhetoric -- at less than 1 million. The Rand experts call this a "very small" number, less than 1% of the U.S. population age 18 to 64.

http://www.latimes.c...n#ixzz2yOj6ssOt

The long-awaited Rand Corp. study of Obamacare's effect on health insurance coverage was released Tuesday and confirmed the numbers that had been telegraphed for more than a week: At least 9.3 million more Americans have health insurance now than in September 2013, virtually all of them as a result of the law.

That's a net figure, accommodating all those who lost their individual health insurance because of cancellations. The Rand study confirms other surveys that placed the number of people who lost their old insurance and did not or could not replace it -- the focus of an enormous volume of anti-Obamacare rhetoric -- at less than 1 million. The Rand experts call this a "very small" number, less than 1% of the U.S. population age 18 to 64.

http://www.latimes.c...n#ixzz2yOj6ssOt

BUT, BUT, THAT CAN'T BE TRUE BECAUSE FOX TELLS US IT ISN'T!!

The right can't admit that Obamacare is working:

Today, the right struggles with Obamacare Derangement Syndrome: the acute inability to see Obamacare as anything but a catastrophic failure that the American people will soon reject. For those suffering from ODS, all bad Obamacare news is good news, and all good Obamacare news is spin. In this world, delays of minor provisions in the law prove that the entire structure is collapsing, while surges of millions of people enrolling in insurance don't prove anything at all.

ODS has kept Republicans from updating their mental model of how Obamacare is doing. To them, the law's disastrous rollout proved that it was doomed. The fact that it recovered beyond anyone's expectations — literally, not a single analyst or policymaker I spoke to in December thought it credible that the exchanges would sign up 7 million by April, much less 7.5 million — hasn't made much of an impression.

http://www.vox.com/2014/4/14/5613094/obamacare-derangement-syndrome

Meanwhile, people are literally dying because states chose to not enact the Medicaid expansion, purely out of spite for Obamacare. That's right, they hate this law which is enabling people to get healthcare so much that they're just throwing poor people to the wolves because they think it will prove a point. 3 YEAR OLD GROCERY STORE TEMPER TANTRUM, ACTIVATE

http://orlandoweekly.com/news/the-perils-of-florida-s-refusal-to-expand-medicaid-1.1665144