Good news for us re: Obamacare/ACA

Our U.S. health care sucks even before "Obamacare" thing. Number #37 in the world :facepalm: yet our health expenditures per capita rated #1 according to WHO report. Broken down bigtime. We need to learn and follow France(#1), Italy(#2), Spain(#4), Japan(#8), scandinavian countries, U.K.(#18), etc. and even Canada plans (performance rankings).

World Health Organization (WHO)

Official Report Including Expenditures per person

LINK - U.S. Ranks Last Among Seven Countries on Health System Performance Based on Measures of Quality, Efficiency, Access, Equity, and Healthy Lives

http://www.nbcnews.c...tle-f2D11763970

The United States may be one of the richest countries in the world, but has a very high rate of infant mortality compared to other wealthy countries — and compared even to some not-so-rich countries. The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) consistently finds the U.S. near the bottom of its list of 34-member countries on this measure.

The U.S. infant mortality rate is well above the OECD average of four deaths per 1,000. In Iceland, just 1.6 babies out of every 1,000 die and in Sweden, Japan, and Finland, it’s around two per 100,000.

Save the Children found in a report released in April that more newborns die in the U.S. than in 68 other countries, including Egypt, Turkey and Peru.

But Republicans swear that there was nothing wrong!

That's what their big money insurance company donors tell them to say is all. Good thing they are all Christians, I mean I'm sure Jesus would be against universal healthcare if it meant some rich guys would make less money.

MM2010l.gif

Notice the last row table. $7,290 expenditures per capita. The second was $3,895 (Canada)

Proof: Last January, my wife spent 3 days in hospital stay. Symptoms was irregular heart beat. However, EKG test passed thus no heart attack and no surgery. Less than half a day, heart beat problems completely disappeared. Only special treatment was 2 to 3 hours stress test.......twice for some reason (second and third day). After three days, doctor decided to prescribed behind-the-counter pills (pharmacy) and finally released hospital stay. That's it. Total hospital/doctor bills, almost $5,000. OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!

But Republicans swear that there was nothing wrong!

Not true . . . they talked a lot about the need for tort reform. :P

Also, if I'm remembering correctly, there was a lot of talk about wait times and wealthy foreigners coming to the US for complicated operations. Red herrings, basically.

The levels to which the right will stoop to "stop" the ACA never ceases to surprise me.

They don't have a whole lot of other options at the moment.

Defeating the ACA through legislation? Failure.

Defeating the ACA through the court system? Failure.

Defeating the ACA through electoral victories? Huge failure.

Sabotage is basically the only remaining option. GOP leadership absolutely cannot (and will not) admit to their crazy base that they have lost. It's over.

This should be a fun topic to watch over the next few years. My guess is that it will just fade away over time. No admission of how wrong the predictions were. No apologies for the hyperbole and lies. Just quiet, grudging, acceptance.

President Obama, you might wish the debate were over. You might think you can intimidate us into conceding the debate is over. But you are wrong. The Republican party stands committed, acting through democratic means and as the agent of a self-governing people, to repealing and replacing Obamacare.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/no-mr-president_786420.html

We'll see what the numbers look like as they continue to roll in and people continue to sign up . . . but it's all but over. :)

here is what i am curious about. wasn't this a huge boon to insurance companies? i have not really seen those numbers. but if insurance companies are doing well and people seem to like the law, boy... that is going to be a tough fight for republicans.

wasn't this a huge boon to insurance companies?

Yes. Guaranteed customers and quite literally guaranteed profits for the first three years.

but if insurance companies are doing well and people seem to like the law, boy... that is going to be a tough fight for republicans.

And yet they'll still do great in mid-term years . . . which will reinforce the belief that they're winning on the issue.

The main reason why the Senate is going back to the Repubs is that Dems were such big winners in 2008. With those spots coming up, yeah, Repubs are going to gain some back.

But, as Obamacare continues to have its kinks worked out and continues to help people tremendously, 2016 is not going to go well for the GOP. They have only a small chance at taking the White House.

I say trash Obamacare/ACA thing and axe private health insurance companies. Replacement......Universal Health Care modeled by France, U.K., Italy, etc. plans.

Suffered our taxpayers cost? Just shift US government budget. Slice defense budget by half and increase health budget. Yes, I'm a big Charles Lindbergh fan. Lindbergh had been an outspoken advocate of keeping the U.S. out of the world conflict and a leader of America First movement. No foreign aid, closed down and abandon all Army, Air Force and Navy overseas bases, quit NATO, etc. etc. etc. Honestly, who cares about Iraq and Afghanistan megabucks wars? BTW, Lindy enrolled as a student at the Nebraska Aircraft Company's flying school in Lincoln.

. . . 2016 is not going to go well for the GOP. They have only a small chance at taking the White House.

Maybe. A lot depends on Hillary . . . who else would the DNC run if for some reason she doesn't or has to drop out? That said, I think that if she runs we'd better get used to saying President Clinton again.