Mayweather v Alvarez

I'll start off by saying I'm a Mayweather fan. But I don't know if he should have taken this fight now. First thing Canelo is big. The man rehydrates to 170. To me that means he will be able to walk through a lot of Floyd's punches. Second I don't think Canelo, technique wise is ready for Floyd. Love him or hate him Floyd's defense is on point, and Canelo is a flat footed brawler. But then again if Floyd gets hit we'll how strong his chin is. Third, Floyd shouldn't have taken the fight at 152, maybe at 150. Canelo could have gone down 2 more lbs because of his youth. Fourth, if Floyd wins who else will there be for him to fight?

Thoughts? Opinions?

***HBO should kick themselves for allowing Mayweather and Canelo jump ship to Showtime. Marquez v. Bradley is an afterthought, and could have been a great undercard fight on the Mayweather ticket

I'd take Floyd over Canelo all day. At 36yrs. old, his hand speed and quickness haven't diminished a bit. Canelo will be worn out after 5 rounds. Little to no chance for Canelo IMO.

It seems like you think Floyd is going to dominate. I can definitely see Floyd winning, but this is his truest competition in some time. However, Floyd does have a tendency to make good fighters seem average.

I'm perplexed.

I have no doubt he will win. Dominate. Not really sure about that. This does play to his strenghts though. Flat footed brawler v. Boxer/counter-puncher. I don't think Floyd can KO him, but he will out box him. My prediction. 12 round unanimous decision for Mayweather.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...