Tailgating TV Set Up

The inverter will get the job done and quieter but some of the newer generators are scary quiet. If you go the inverter route, really look at jumping up to minimum 1000w and maybe 1200-1500. Also I like the direct wire suggestion. Cig lighter outlets aren't designed for that constant amp draw.

The more I look at it the more I would go with an inverter at 1000w higher and I thinking hooking it up directly would be best and just make sure to start and run my car for about 10 minutes every hour.

That is a good plan. As for wiring, its not bad, you do need to run large gauge wire though. If you can find one of those car stereo stores they can do it pretty quickly.

I thought you could hook it up kind of like you were hooking it up to another battery when you get your car jumped. Am I wrong?

I bought an inverter about 15 years ago and still runs strong. 1000 watts. It has clips much like jumper cables to hook directly to the battery and a PTO plug with 3 plugins for appliances. I paid around $30.00. Sears automotive, seemed back then they were the only ones selling inverters.

Is the PTO plug basically, the outlets?

Do you use your inverter for a TV?

Yes, power take off for the cig lighter. Yes we ran a TV and video game (Xbox and Playstation) on long trips (we have a cabin in Colorado). My son now takes it for charging his laptop when he goes. Good deep cell batteries are costly, I had a ski boat, $70-$100. If you bought 2 you might as well buy a generator.

See I am a bit torn on an inverter or generator.

Also, is wiring an inverter to your battery difficult at all?

I talked to DirectTV they will set you up with the portable dish for 150, so that is not bad.

Is that 150 for current subscribers only? I live in an apartment and I cannot put up a dish so I am wondering if I could get some sort of traveling dish and sit out in the parking lot with a tv in my suv and watch the husker game. It's a lot cheaper then spending the weekend in New Orleans at one of the few bars in the state to get the B10 network.

See I am a bit torn on an inverter or generator.

Also, is wiring an inverter to your battery difficult at all?

I talked to DirectTV they will set you up with the portable dish for 150, so that is not bad.

Is that 150 for current subscribers only? I live in an apartment and I cannot put up a dish so I am wondering if I could get some sort of traveling dish and sit out in the parking lot with a tv in my suv and watch the husker game. It's a lot cheaper then spending the weekend in New Orleans at one of the few bars in the state to get the B10 network.

I am not sure but I don't think it is just for subscribers.