Rape Kits

Kinda like the Senator (D) in Colorado who wasn't too clear on the form, fit and function of a 30rd magazine.

It is sad that a woman wouldn't have any idea of what a rape kit was.

I wouldn't say it was sad. I mean, its part of medical/forensic evidence gathering. I would assume most women know about them but maybe not the exact details of what goes on in the usage of one. What is sad is that a woman that is pushing abortion legislation and making arguments is doing so highly uninformed and that is a dangerous thing

By all accounts there are village idjits on both sides of the aisle. Both male and female.

Having been a RN for 14 years, it still amazes me how uneducated people are about their own bodies. I don't expect them to be clinicians, but being a politician I would hope you'd choose to have some smart people around you to help educate them on the pertinent issues.

By all accounts there are village idjits on both sides of the aisle. Both male and female.

Having been a RN for 14 years, it still amazes me how uneducated people are about their own bodies. I don't expect them to be clinicians, but being a politician I would hope you'd choose to have some smart people around you to help educate them on the pertinent issues.

Politicians surround themselves with sycophants. Not very many surround themselves with smart people, or even talk to or consult with experts in fields. Only 'experts' who will reinforce their own preconceived notions.

Its like the Simpsons with Kent Brockman,

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=5l3oUUUzOxE

though vids never embed for me anymore, no matter what i try

Based on this new information, I now have more questions. Hypothetically, if my wife were to receive one of these 'rape kits', could it retroactively prevent the birth of my teenage children?

It's scary to think people like this are proposing, debating, and passing new laws.

If the anti-abortion groups want the government to force women to birth a child conceived in a rape I'd expect that the person sponsoring the legislation to at least have a passing familiarity with what happens during a rape investigation.

The ignorance doesn't surprise me . . . but it still disappoints me.

It's funny to me the amount of responses that are "well the other side has stupid people too!" As if that somehow excuses this atrocity.

I've read all the comments multiple times. I don't see where you are getting this from. Nobody is excusing this stupidity because the other side has idiots too. Saying that there are idiots on both sides of the aisle is true and in no way condones the stupidity from anyone. Plus, as you put it "the amount of responses" would only be one and you would have to be applying your own interpretation to think that one was any kind of excuse. Why, when everyone seems to be in agreement, are you attempting to make this into something it clearly isn't?

I could some what understand something stupid like this being said by a random congressman who has a microphone stuck in front of him and he is unprepared. BUT, this is someone who sponsored the friggen bill. I would think if my name were to be on a bill as me sponsoring it, I would have done the research necessary to understand the topic.

This is an example of why anything coming out of a politician's mouth is totally meaningless. Honestly, why even listen to political speeches anymore if they can't have simple understanding of the topics they are talking about?