What to do, to beat the Blue...?

Greased

I think if we played like we did against the Puffs we will do well.

1. We came out out fast and smart. Meaning we did not let the Puffs rush in before Zack got rid of the ball.

2. We MUST plugg that middle, Missouri really did a number on us up the middle.

3. They have no true running game, un-less Hart is healthy and on his game.

4. Our recievers must catch the ball, all the time, keep the O-fense rolling.

5. The biggest key! Don't give them a head start. Man it seems that we just give them points in the first half.

6. Cory Ross will have a GREAT game, as well as Glenn.

7. Special Teams will make break through plays.

What do you guy's think?

1. We came out out fast and smart. Meaning we did not let the Puffs rush in before Zack got rid of the ball.

2. We MUST plugg that middle, Missouri really did a number on us up the middle.

3. They have no true running game, un-less Hart is healthy and on his game.

4. Our recievers must catch the ball, all the time, keep the O-fense rolling.

5. The biggest key! Don't give them a head start. Man it seems that we just give them points in the first half.

6. Cory Ross will have a GREAT game, as well as Glenn.

7. Special Teams will make break through plays.

What do you guy's think?

I think that's a nice Christmas wish list. :lol:

alot of the things you point out Greased can be said about every team and i agree with you, that if we do those things and have few mental lapses NU will win this game.

i have stated before that i truly feel that this will be a defensive game and a battle of field position and the special teams. and unless we have a breakdown UM fails to cover the spread and NU wins out right by 3-7 points.

GBR

Wolverine-----IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER

1.  We came out out fast and smart.  Meaning we did not let the Puffs rush in before Zack got rid of the ball. 

2.  We MUST plugg that middle, Missouri really did a number on us up the middle.

3.  They have no true running game, un-less Hart is healthy and on his game.

4.  Our recievers must catch the ball, all the time, keep the O-fense rolling.

5.  The biggest key!  Don't give them a head start.  Man it seems that we just give them points in the first half.

6.  Cory Ross will have a GREAT game, as well as Glenn.

7.  Special Teams will make break through plays.

What do you guy's think?

I think you are stating the obvious :dumdum

and could add several other cliches to the list:

- make big plays

- don't give up big plays

- win the turnover battle

etc, etc, etc. I could go on, but we all know them. These are things that every team tries to do. The one that does, wins. :cheers

Beat MICHIGAN!! :box

:bounce:bounce:bounce

Anyone know what kind of runners Michigan has at RB? Hart's not that big so I'm expecting him to be more of a shifty/speedy runner but since he's been hurt obviously he hasn't been able to run that way and I haven't paid enough attention to their backups. If they're forced into more of a bruising, straight ahead running game then I don't see NU having much trouble shutting that down, but if they're able to get to the outside and around the corner it could be a serious challenge to our guys. Any insights?

UM's rush off is rated 38th/164.5 yds; NU's rush def is rated 28th/123.7 yds. With a healthy Hart returning to their backfield, this will be a big help to their rush off. This indicates that if we close that middle that was vulnerable earlier, we'll be ok there.

UM's pass off is rated 63rd/218.4 yds; NU's pass def is rated 53rd/211.6 yds. Their pass efficiency off was rated 51st and our pass eff def was rated 35th. This aspect is much closer than the rushing. If we can't get prssure from our front, this could hurt.

UM's punt returns averaged 12.1 yds (21st); NU's net punting was 39.8 2nd) yds. We're in good shape here.

MU's kickoff returns averaged 22.1 yds (33rd).

MU's scoring off was rated 46th/28.8 pts; NU's scoring def was rated 25th/20.4 pts. If the competition was equal, its tilts to our favoThis is just a look at the comparison of their off and our defense. The reverse is another story.

NU's rush off is rated 110th/91 yds; MU's rush def is rated is rated 43rd/136.1 yds. This will be a tough situation for us. Our advantage over our average stats is that we have had progress in the last 2 games and have green tackles, that are getting a lot of practice time.

NU's pass off is rated 46th/229.6 yds; MU's pass def is rated 53rd/211.6 yds. This is our strength to move the ball, obviously.

NU's punt returns are rated 17th/13.1 yds; MU's net punting is rated 20th/36.7 yds. We might pick up a little field position here.