Minnesota Game This Year

I went to the game two years ago but i stayed with family that lives in the cities. Can't help with hotels or anything but anything that is close to the state fair grounds isn't a bad idea. The fairgrounds has cheap parking and they shuttle you right to the stadium. There was a decent tailgate going on there as well. All of the good bars are right by the stadium. Went to a few bars a couple of blocks south of the stadium and they had good food and drink specials if i think of the name of the bar I'll let you know.

We went. Stayed more north, around Fridley. About a 30 minute drive to the stadium. Got passes for a tailgate lot #37. Had a blast MSP is like any big city, tons to do. Cops in the lots were awesome, pretty much let everyone run wild. Bands came through, their stadium is amazing, lots of room etc. One fan behind us was a total tool, kid of understandable in hindsight, when your team is getting a new Gopher hole torn in them again. Anyway over all 9 out of 10.

We made the trip too. Frankly, the area around the stadium didn't do much for me. Pretty much campus & restaurants like Buffalo Wild Wings. We searched for any type of dive bar and ended up tailgating in the hotel parking lot. Tailgating was decent, and Minnesota fans were fun. No legal types hassled us in the lot with our red cups.

Check out the Days Hotel on campus. Very cheap. Very very close. About 300 yards from the stadium.

For bars off campus, Psycho Suzy's was frickin' awesome. Check it out on Tripadvisor. I would go back there in a heartbeat. It's a huge tiki bar that serves slightly-above-average-to-good bar food and has an immense patio overlooking the river. Lots of fun drinks that smoke dry ice and taste heavily of rum. Very cool place.

I am not sure of what anyone's budget is for going to the game but I would recommend a few hotels in downtown Minneapolis. The Grand Hotel, Millenium Hotel, and Hilton are very good. If you want to stay a little further away, Sheridan has a nice place in Woodbury, MN about 20 miles away. There is also a nice Holiday Inn at I-94 and McKnight Road in St Paul that might work.

Plenty of good places to eat once you figure out where you are staying.

For parking, I would advise going to the state fairgrounds and catching the shuttle. Way easier.

As far as the bar scene goes, I do not venture out around campus but in downtown MPLS, I would suggest The Local. It is an Irish Pub and it is a great place to party. I always take people there when they visit us. Another bar close to the stadium is called The Hole. Pretty good place for pre or post game drinks.