B1G Recruiting: Big Two, Little 12?

Ed Helms

Not to beat the dead horse, but you knew this was coming when you joined this conference. The culture is centered around the medium 2, and you don't play regular games in Texas or Florida.

You beat this horse to death along time ago. And Michigan hasn't been in the top two in years. I don't' believe it, but if the UT OU chatter is true, that will be 6 marquee programs.

And I think Wisconsin has been on the cusp of marquee for a while. Need to Win a title. thats how you get there. But I think their resume is solid everywhere else.

Wiscy already won 3 Rose Bowls under Former Irish Defensive Coordinator Barry Alavarez with as many conference titles. Did anything change? Did it become the Big3? Does Michigan's W-L record explain why they currenttly have a top 5 recruiting class? Why do you think Bulemia caught the first plane to the SEC West?

It's hardwired in the big10 DNA. Just like NU/Okla were the focus of the old Big8 before the neighborhood changed. Ask PSU, things don't change because of a few good seasons. The 247 sports article is normal. Go to any old Big10 message board and it's weighted towards two teams. You can see it better when the team had a few bad football years. Michigan becomes the focus of tale of woah and angst; Iowa becomes and invisible man.

And yeah I'd rather play Southern Cal every year.

That would be Notre Dame's most significant football "feat" over the past two decades....