B1G Recruiting: Big Two, Little 12?

Ed Helms

Nebraska has all the tradition, and is every bit the program Ohio St. and Michigan are....

Truth. This is the reason why most OSU and Michigan fans I know were very happy with adding Nebraska to the Big10.

Absolutely. Winning program and their fans go apesh#t when they lose because they expect excellence.

I got nothing against Iowa but if Iowa was Nebraska, Kirk Ferentz would have been gone years ago. Maybe a little of Nebraska will rub off on Iowa.

Also, way better than Penn State(the other "elite" program). Can't stand those people and their tinfoil hats.

Nebraska has all the tradition, and is every bit the program Ohio St. and Michigan are....

Truth. This is the reason why most OSU and Michigan fans I know were very happy with adding Nebraska to the Big10.

Pretty much. We were actually tired of the Big 2 comment. We wanted more people in our conference to join us. Even Urban Meyer has challenged the other schools to step up.

Absolutely. Winning program and their fans go apesh#t when they lose because they expect excellence.

I got nothing against Iowa but if Iowa was Nebraska, Kirk Ferentz would have been gone years ago. Maybe a little of Nebraska will rub off on Iowa.

Also, way better than Penn State(the other "elite" program). Can't stand those people and their tinfoil hats.

2 conference championships in 21 years? they're not elite in any way shape or form.

Not to beat the dead horse, but you knew this was coming when you joined this conference. The culture is centered around the medium 2, and you don't play regular games in Texas or Florida.

You beat this horse to death along time ago. And Michigan hasn't been in the top two in years. I don't' believe it, but if the UT OU chatter is true, that will be 6 marquee programs.

And I think Wisconsin has been on the cusp of marquee for a while. Need to Win a title. thats how you get there. But I think their resume is solid everywhere else.

Wiscy already won 3 Rose Bowls under Former Irish Defensive Coordinator Barry Alavarez with as many conference titles. Did anything change? Did it become the Big3? Does Michigan's W-L record explain why they currenttly have a top 5 recruiting class? Why do you think Bulemia caught the first plane to the SEC West?

It's hardwired in the big10 DNA. Just like NU/Okla were the focus of the old Big8 before the neighborhood changed. Ask PSU, things don't change because of a few good seasons. The 247 sports article is normal. Go to any old Big10 message board and it's weighted towards two teams. You can see it better when the team had a few bad football years. Michigan becomes the focus of tale of woah and angst; Iowa becomes and invisible man.

And yeah I'd rather play Southern Cal every year.

Not to beat the dead horse, but you knew this was coming when you joined this conference. The culture is centered around the medium 2, and you don't play regular games in Texas or Florida.

You beat this horse to death along time ago. And Michigan hasn't been in the top two in years. I don't' believe it, but if the UT OU chatter is true, that will be 6 marquee programs.

And I think Wisconsin has been on the cusp of marquee for a while. Need to Win a title. thats how you get there. But I think their resume is solid everywhere else.

Wiscy already won 3 Rose Bowls under Former Irish Defensive Coordinator Barry Alavarez with as many conference titles. Did anything change? Did it become the Big3? Does Michigan's W-L record explain why they currenttly have a top 5 recruiting class? Why do you think Bulemia caught the first plane to the SEC West?

It's hardwired in the big10 DNA. Just like NU/Okla were the focus of the old Big8 before the neighborhood changed. AskPSU, things don't change because of a few good seasons. The 247 sports article is normal. Go to any old Big10 message board and it's weighted towards two teams. You can see it better when the team had a few bad football years. Michigan becomes the focus of tale of woah and angst; Iowa becomes and invisible man.

Are we talking about superficial media attention(ironic conversation) or actual on the field results?

If I were you I'd be clamoring for NBC to give ND's contract to WVU since they have clearly had a better past 10 years of football and you are so fighting for the college football downtrodden

And I fail to see how its shocking when media,who pay attention to " mighty have fallen stories" more than "feel good" stories anyway, give more attention to the all time winningest school with the largest living alumni base in the world over Iowa. Once again. Media smut that's irrelevant to reality. Iowa has a BCS win in the past 10 years. ann arbor does not.

And I fail to see how its shocking when media,who pay attention to " mighty have fallen stories" more than "feel good" stories anyway, give more attention to the all time winningest school with the largest living alumni base in the world over Iowa. Once again. Media smut that's irrelevant to reality. Iowa has a BCS win in the past 10 years. ann arbor does not.

Didn't Michigan beat VT in a BCS bowl just 2 years ago? Anyway, I have to defend PSU too. I have been to two games at Beaver Stadium (Iowa,USC).

I thought the fans and atmoshere were great. Just my experience, don't need to see any videos of idiots or anything.

As for ND Joe, he mentioned to me once that he joined this forum to warn NU against joining the Big10, so he has been here awhile beating the same drum. Best to just ignore him when he brings it up.

It's hardwired in the big10 DNA. Just like NU/Okla were the focus of the old Big8 before the neighborhood changed. AskPSU, things don't change because of a few good seasons. The 247 sports article is normal. Go to any old Big10 message board and it's weighted towards two teams. You can see it better when the team had a few bad football years. Michigan becomes the focus of tale of woah and angst; Iowa becomes and invisible man.

Are we talking about superficial media attention(ironic conversation) or actual on the field results?

If I were you I'd be clamoring for NBC to give ND's contract to WVU since they have clearly had a better past 10 years of football and you are so fighting for the college football downtrodden

2012 Sugar Bowl.

Don't know about Iowa, but Michigan State has been cleaning house recently and picked up some high caliber recruits (amazing what happens when you hire a recruiting coordinator)

However, with Jim Bollman as their OC, I don't see many points being put up on the board.

Don't know about Iowa, but Michigan State has been cleaning house recently and picked up some high caliber recruits (amazing what happens when you hire a recruiting coordinator)

However, with Jim Bollman as their OC, I don't see many points being put up on the board.

DAVE RIGHT DAVE LEFT QB DRAW PUNT!

I can understand Dantonio wanting to give his friend a job, but that hire blew me away. Put him in the office or something, he has shown time and time again his ineptitude for coaching. I feel bad for MSU and I should say, I was never a coach, so maybe me poking at the Walrus is not proper, but my word he seemed like he had no clue how to coach a line, let alone an entire offense.