B1G Recruiting: Big Two, Little 12?

Ed Helms

Barely passable to outdated facilities? Has this guy been to UNL? If we're second rate to anybody, there must be some super ridiculous facilities out there that I am not aware of. Lacking facilities are not a problem for the Huskers.

He hasn't. He admitted it in the comments.

The ex-coach or Helwagen? I started to read the comments, but it was 20 pages long.

Helwagen. You don't want to read the comments. Lots of ill-informed fans and wifi. I didn't realize how uninformed the other B1G schools are about Nebraska and their history until reading those comments from OSU, UM and even an Alabama fan. My favorite was an OSU fan laughing at one of the comments saying our basketball facilities are one of the best in the nation, then after a NU fan posted the Hendricks complex and Pinnacle bank arena videos, he didn't even respond.

I doubt there is anyone in the country who has a combination of the football, basketball, baseball, and volleyball facilities that we have. Nebraska is second to none when it comes to athletic facilities....

Rivals recruiting class rankings. (For what it's worth)

year tOSU / UM / NU

2013__#2 / #5 / #17

2012__#4 / #7 / #26

2011__#11/ #21 / #15

Dominated in '12 and '13. Not so much in '10.

Facilities? It's more about population base than facilities. I think our facilities match up quite nicely.

In all fairness, I believe the facilities thing was from an ex-coach and not Steve Helwagen, but I don't think I have ever heard there is a big difference b/t the big four's facilities (in fact, I have heard they are all equally ridiculous).

OSU and MU are always going to out recruit NU, at least in the eyes of the recruiting analysts. Nebraska has always been a builder of football team not a recruiter of a football team.

Not to beat the dead horse, but you knew this was coming when you joined this conference. The culture is centered around the medium 2, and you don't play regular games in Texas or Florida.

You beat this horse to death along time ago. And Michigan hasn't been in the top two in years. I don't' believe it, but if the UT OU chatter is true, that will be 6 marquee programs.

• Fire 1
Not to beat the dead horse, but you knew this was coming when you joined this conference. The culture is centered around the medium 2, and you don't play regular games in Texas or Florida.

You beat this horse to death along time ago. And Michigan hasn't been in the top two in years. I don't' believe it, but if the UT OU chatter is true, that will be 6 marquee programs.

And I think Wisconsin has been on the cusp of marquee for a while. Need to Win a title. thats how you get there. But I think their resume is solid everywhere else.

Ohio State doesn't hold any more power than anyone else. Just because we're the cream of the crop in football doesn't mean we get more say. Indiana and Michigan State are the cream of the crop in basketball.

Nebraska is pretty much dominating baseball. Northwestern has control on the academics side (which we all know is important to the B1G)

These are all things that matter in the B1G, which is why it isn't just the Big 2.

The Big two and little 10 only was talking about who was going to the Rose Bowl usually. That was it.

Says the Notre Dame fan. I don't think Notre Dame is in a position to question the legitimacy of any top program, even with something as small as calling them the "medium 2"....

As a Nebraska fan, I don't think our program is willing to concede the conference to Ohio St. or Michigan. Winning takes care of everything, and if we win we will be able to recruit with them on a yearly basis. Nebraska has all the tradition, and is every bit the program Ohio St. and Michigan are....