See Michigan Play

Alex 4.0

NU does have a chance at winning this game. Go ahead and use all of the cliche's you want like "when pigs fly" or "when hell freezes" or "a snowball's chance in hell"

Let me tell you something Pigs do fly. I have been on a number of airplanes that had fat women on them that needed 2 seats.

Hell does freeze. During the winter months it drops below 32 degrees in Iraq. Ask any one who has been there if Iraq is hell and you will find out.

And guess what it snows in Afganistan and that is as close to hell as you can get.

anyway

GBR

NU does have a chance at winning this game. Go ahead and use all of the cliche's you want like "when pigs fly" or "when hell freezes" or "a snowball's chance in hell"

Let me tell you something Pigs do fly. I have been on a number of airplanes that had fat women on them that needed 2 seats.

Hell does freeze. During the winter months it drops below 32 degrees in Iraq. Ask any one who has been there if Iraq is hell and you will find out.

And guess what it snows in Afganistan and that is as close to hell as you can get.

anyway

GBR

those women must have been from UM.........eh?

You guys are hilarious.  Way to "scout" Michigan.  Which is UM once again- NOT MU. 

No, no, no, he is right. It's UM. The coaching staff at Michigan has been teaching them (the players) to say that after every practice...UM. But they don't say it like you and I, they say it Ummm....ummmm...ummmm.

Like "Ummm, I don't know what happened?, obviously Nebraska is more superior than we were tought to believe...ummmm." :dumdum

I think Little Jay is a bit worried that after watching a game that was 3-0 at half in Ann Arbor, he might be having second thoughts about the outcome in San Antonio, in what has developed into a "sea of red." (again)

Silly Little Jay, don't you know that the Alamo Bowl has turned into the Memorial Stadium's "second coming"? :smokin

3-0 at the half in Ann Arbor? What on earth are you talking about?

Seriously though, nobody fears playing at Memorial Stadium anymore, so why should they fear playing the Huskers anywhere else? We could play the game in Lincoln and Michigan would still win. If Oklahoma and Texas Tech can win there, Michigan sure as heck can. Hell, Iowa State and Kansas State nearly won there. I've been to plenty of games there and I can tell you- Memorial Stadium isn't anything to be afraid of these days.

There's no mystique about the "vaunted" Huskers anymore, so you can put the intimidation card away because you simply don't have one to play. You can pack all the people wearing red into that stadium as you want, but it's still 11 vs 11 on the field.

and it's taught.. not tought. Must be that quality UNL education put to use, right? Just kidding you, pal ;)

By the way though, how do you like your basketball team being owned by the "Silly Little Jays" for pretty much the past decade? You'd think with that big school you could field a team better than UNO's.

I see why everyone gets all mad about the football program since you put all your money into it and get practically nothing in return.

Dis you see the womens BBall score against MU (Michigan) 69- 49 :rollin:rollin

CreightonJay4Michigan,

Is this enjoyable for you to come on here and make yourself look like an idiot? Why not represent CU as sportsman? There are differences between friendly fan banter and just being a jerk.

I am looking forward to a great bowl game and am sure each team with come to win. Each of these young men has worked all year to realize this experience, so lets commend them and wish them luck.

As a Creighton University graduate, I will be cheering for Nebraska on December 28th. Since you do not choose to do so, please take your comments to the UM forums so we can discuss the bowl game as adults.

anyway

GBR

:rollin:rollin:rollin

CreightonJay4Michigan,

Is this enjoyable for you to come on here and make yourself look like an idiot? Why not represent CU as sportsman? There are differences between friendly fan banter and just being a jerk.

I am looking forward to a great bowl game and am sure each team with come to win. Each of these young men has worked all year to realize this experience, so lets commend them and wish them luck.

As a Creighton University graduate, I will be cheering for Nebraska on December 28th. Since you do not choose to do so, please take your comments to the UM forums so we can discuss the bowl game as adults.

Goodluck to Nebraska, they have no chance whatsoever.

Did someone actually bring up the score of a WOMEN'S BASKETBALL GAME?

Oh yeah.. I think it's awesome that Washington swept the Husker volleyball team. Seriously though, who gets excited about that junk?

1 week and counting

does anyone remember when Arkansas played Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl back in the 80's? The game that Lou Holtz suspended 3 of his starters on offense (2 top running backs) and everyone said that Arkansas had no chance to win especially with a 3 string RB?

Well, a 3rd string running back named Rolland Sales tourched the Sooners for about 250 yards.

point i am trying to make would be this.

ANY team can be beat on any given day. That is why you play the game on the field.

If scUM fans want to believe that they are the most superior team and NU has no chance of winning, fine let them.

All of their talk will filter down to their team and they will start to believe it also. But let me tell you scUM fans out there. You better hope that your team doesnt believe all of the hype around them and show up ready to play because it might be a long sad flight back.

GBR

CreightonJay4Michigan,

Goodluck to Nebraska, they have no chance whatsoever.

Did someone actually bring up the score of a WOMEN'S BASKETBALL GAME?

Oh yeah.. I think it's awesome that Washington swept the Husker volleyball team. Seriously though, who gets excited about that junk?

Real fans do. That's what makes Nebraska special, we care about all sports and athletes. MU fans are just your average run of the mill fans, only care about football and basketball. MU fans are a dime a dozen.

Real fans do. That's what makes Nebraska special, we care about all sports and athletes. MU fans are just your average run of the mill fans, only care about football and basketball. MU fans are a dime a dozen.

haha- from where I am it seems that Husker fans are a dime a dozen :) Hardly any UM fans out here from what I can see. By the way, I know our softball team won the National Championship last year... but frankly, I'm not a softball fan- so why should I care aside from thinking "hey, that's kind of nice."

I'm not arguing that you guys aren't great fans- but I love Michigan just as much as you guys like Nebraska... I just don't spread the love to all the sports I couldn't give a hoot about. Plus, you don't have to spend every waking moment looking into who might be the next Husker to be a great fan... There are those of you I see worshipping those that commit and openly hating on those that choose other schools. These are 17-18 year old kids making decisions... and the fans that get all bent out of shape about high school kids making decisions for themselves about THEIR lives... that's sick. Who cares if they don't want to play for Nebraska- guess what, there's lots of other good- if not better football programs/academics available at other schools. There's really positives and negatives to having "extraordinary fans."

1 week and counting

does anyone remember when Arkansas played Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl back in the 80's? The game that Lou Holtz suspended 3 of his starters on offense (2 top running backs) and everyone said that Arkansas had no chance to win especially with a 3 string RB?

Well, a 3rd string running back named Rolland Sales tourched the Sooners for about 250 yards.

point i am trying to make would be this.

ANY team can be beat on any given day. That is why you play the game on the field.

If scUM fans want to believe that they are the most superior team and NU has no chance of winning, fine let them.

All of their talk will filter down to their team and they will start to believe it also. But let me tell you scUM fans out there. You better hope that your team doesnt believe all of the hype around them and show up ready to play because it might be a long sad flight back.

GBR

Nah.. I'm pretty sure Michigan will win. Pretty much not worried about that :)

Thanks for all that history though... I wasn't up on that.

scUM... that's right up there with the old "N is for Noledge", right? ;)

Juuust giving you a hard time :lol:

I really don't dislike you guys, but what fun is a board without any opposition...