See Michigan Play

Alex 4.0

riddle me this batman......how do football coaches prepare for the upcoming game? most if not all of them take "game" film and break it down looking for areas of weakness to be exploited. that might be a new idea at scUM but had Carr done something like that against Minnasota then maybe your team would be playing in the outback bowl instead of the sorry a$$ alamo bowl.

maybe scUM should have been sent to the "Motor City Bowl".....oh yeah your team doesnt travel well to non-BCS games so the opposing teams fans would still out number your teams 4 to 1

One thing is certain -- If they did send us to the Motor City Bowl, we'd have about the same level of competition :)

And yeah, the Alamo Bowl is an awful bowl.

As I've said before many times, I'm not disputing that Michigan should be in the game. We had a rotten season for as much talent and potential that we have.

Given that, we are way better than Nebraska- who got probably a better bowl than they deserve, simply because they beat a lousy Colorado team. Too bad that no-offense KSU team couldn't close the door on your team. Michigan won't have a problem doing just that though.

For the sake of an argument, let me ask. If the Huskers beat MU..UM..whatever, then what will that mean? Will it mean that Lloyd Carr coached not to lose in stead of coaching to win? Will it mean that UM didnt come to play? Will it mean that the UM players just didnt want it as bad as the Husker players?

OR

Will it mean that UM was overrated? Will it mean that scUM got beat by a better team? Will it mean that the little 10 (11) is also over rated?

now how about this.....

What if the little 10(11) go 0-7 in the bowls this year and the Big 12 goes 8-0? does that mean that your whole confrence was overrated and our confrence was underrated?

i know but it is fun to try and guess what the excuses will be.

everyone isnt giving NU a chance to win this game, just like the game against sCUm. on paper scUM has played a stronger schedule, is a better team, has been playing under the same off/def systems longer and so on.

BUT that is why the game is played on the field and not in the media.

and it's taught.. not tought.  Must be that quality UNL education put to use, right?  Just kidding you, pal  ;)

Pardon me. As a high school dropout I was taught in the Navy that the line is taut. So you'll have to cut me some slack because I don't have one of them fancy degrees from UNL either.

If we're going to start playing grammar king around here, I suppose my degree in Applied Science and Management from Indiana University wouldn't be much help either.

I live in a state of confusion. I don't know whether (or is it weather?) I was taught or taut; I can't recall if I'm a Husker or a Hoosier. :dumdum

and it's taught.. not tought.  Must be that quality UNL education put to use, right?  Just kidding you, pal  ;)

Pardon me. As a high school dropout I was taught in the Navy that the line is taut. So you'll have to cut me some slack because I don't have one of them fancy degrees from UNL either.

If we're going to start playing grammar king around here, I suppose my degree in Applied Science and Management from Indiana University wouldn't be much help either.

I live in a state of confusion. I don't know whether (or is it weather?) I was taught or taut; I can't recall if I'm a Husker or a Hoosier. :dumdum

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

not bad for a Navy guy

You guys are hilarious.  Way to "scout" Michigan.  Which is UM once again- NOT MU. 

On that note, the Huskers are from Nebraska College, right?

UMmmmm ... sorry ...

but MU is just another under-achieving 7-5 team (you WILL lose in the Alamo Bowl) ... you can't fault us for not being able to watch too much of their games ...

by the way, check your facts, because i'm pretty certain your daddy (tOSU) puts the U at the end ...

Care to make a wager on that game that you're so sure of? Since you're so sure Michigan will lose, I take it you'd be happy to take Nebraska without the spread? Once again, I'd like to see Nebraska play Michigan's schedule. Michigan definitely choked some games away, but against a team like Nebraska? Not likely.

don't need a spread, we're simply going to beat you ... your coach is whining, the players are underachievers, and your fans are pathetic at supporting the team ... we will out-coach, out-perform, and beat you flat out ...

how much?

but, being that you are a michigan fan, how do i get a guarentee of getting my money? i live in Nevada, so how's this going to work?

set it up meechicken fan, i could use some extra cash ...

one question though, why would the fan of such an esteemed academic university go to school at Creighton, in Omaha Nebraska? hmmmm ....

For the sake of an argument, let me ask. If the Huskers beat MU..UM..whatever, then what will that mean? Will it mean that Lloyd Carr coached not to lose in stead of coaching to win? Will it mean that UM didnt come to play? Will it mean that the UM players just didnt want it as bad as the Husker players?

OR

Will it mean that UM was overrated? Will it mean that scUM got beat by a better team? Will it mean that the little 10 (11) is also over rated?

now how about this.....

What if the little 10(11) go 0-7 in the bowls this year and the Big 12 goes 8-0? does that mean that your whole confrence was overrated and our confrence was underrated?

If the Big Ten goes 0-7 and the Big XII goes 8-0 in the bowls, I would gladly agree to your presumption. I would agree to it at a 2-5; 5-3 clip-- but I just don't see it happening.

If Michigan loses to Nebraska, I would have to say that Nebraska had the better team on that day. It's just that it's not going to happen, that's all.

Personally, I think if you want to make an argument, you'd be better off sticking with the Michigan/Nebraska ordeal rather than hashing over to the Big Ten/Big XII debate for this year because there really isn't much debate on the issue this year.

Most observers would agree that the Big Ten is packed with competitive programs laden with parity throughout much of the conference. I'm sorry I can't say the same for the Big XII. There is a significant gap between Texas and Texas Tech, whom I consider to be the top two schools in the conference this year. After that I'd probably choose Oklahoma, who is unranked (yes, I know they are receiving votes)... I really don't know who the best team from the Big XII North is and honestly I think it's about as quality as Conference USA or the Big East (minus West Virginia). Don't make yourself look silly by disagreeing. There is a grand total of 0 Big XII North teams ranked and for good reason. It's a shame they even had to play a Big XII Championship this year; I really think the North should have sent a white flag in lieu of their no-show.

Meanwhile, the Big 10 has a number of solid programs: OSU, Penn State, Michigan, Iowa, and Wisconsin-- Northwestern and Minnesota showed some flashes too. It's curious because at one point, even Michigan State was considered to be a potential "great".. but so much for that.

If I were you, I'd just drop the conference competition- I believe many level-headed Husker fans would agree with me that the Big 10 has been the stronger conference this year.

But yeah, if Nebraska wins- I'd be glad to say that the Huskers had the better team the day they play. Would I say they're better overall? Heck no.. why? I saw Michigan chokes some close games away this year that they played competitively in... BUT I've seen Nebraska play some positively horrid football this season- a poor quality of football that I've never seen Michigan play. There's no way you can get rolled up by KU and MU(that's Missouri) and expect me to believe you have a 'good' football team. The Maine, Pittsburgh, Baylor, and Kansas State games were also thoroughly unimpressive from my standpoint. If Michigan played that way against those teams, I'd wonder who was wearing the uniforms and where the real Wolverine players went.

See, what you are banking on is a performance like the one you saw against Colorado. It's funny, because prior to that game, I saw a lot of dejected Husker fans-- but now it's like everything's all better because you had one positive game. I take comfort in knowing that Michigan is a far better team than Colorado. Additionally, I've seen Nebraska stink up the place enough this year to know that there's a pretty good chance that the Huskers will go out there and disappoint you guys to no end. You'll never admit to it, but I know deep down that's what you're dreading. So go on down to San Antonio, pack the stadium with red, and watch your team disappoint you. In all truthfulness though, you shouldn't be disappointed to lose-- because I can say in all confidence that Michigan is the better program with better players and will be a team hungry for a win. It's the Huskers that should be worried about getting steamrolled by a very talented and very much angry football team.

why don't you stop posting and go shovel some snow, you have made the same lame statement for days now........let's just wait and watch the game and see if bad old NU might be "better than MU on one day".......what a crock......one team is getting better, the other is not......you know which one is your team, now don't you?

hunter

Seriously what do you as a Michigan fan want? You can't really think you were slighted out of a better bowl??? News flash again... MICHIGAN WAS 7-4!! Just like us. And for the record; only a big 10 honk would ever say that the damn Golden Gophers of MU, (UM? U of Minn? Minn U? I am deferring to you here, you seem to be the expert of University acronyms) is a team on the rise. There are a damn few people out here who would call Kansas or Mizzou a team on the rise after they beat us down, they put the onus on Nebraska, which was where it belonged.

And way to go trying to troll a response on continuously calling out the NU/UNL/N/Neb/Nebraska basketball team. They ll they have sucked for a great while. Nice job of deferring your allegiance to Creighton for that sport, since MIchigan just got handled by UCLA and is still dealing with probation and sirty play negating its most famous era. But it sure is pathetic when a big school like Nebraska can't get its collective sh#t together in a sport like basketball right?

Seriously what do you as a Michigan fan want? You can't really think you were slighted out of a better bowl??? News flash again... MICHIGAN WAS 7-4!! Just like us. And for the record; only a big 10 honk would ever say that the damn Golden Gophers of MU, (UM? U of Minn? Minn U? I am deferring to you here, you seem to be the expert of University acronyms) is a team on the rise. There are a damn few people out here who would call Kansas or Mizzou a team on the rise after they beat us down, they put the onus on Nebraska, which was where it belonged.

And way to go trying to troll a response on continuously calling out the NU/UNL/N/Neb/Nebraska basketball team. They ll they have sucked for a great while. Nice job of deferring your allegiance to Creighton for that sport, since MIchigan just got handled by UCLA and is still dealing with probation and sirty play negating its most famous era. But it sure is pathetic when a big school like Nebraska can't get its collective sh#t together in a sport like basketball right?

Well if you call a 6 point loss to the #14 team "getting handled" then sure. I wonder what 26 points counts as then ;-) In all fairness, Michigan's basketball team would spank the Huskers too- so it's really a silly argument.

AND.. newsflash, I've never said that Michigan should be in a better bowl. Please show me where I've said that.

Why are they so angry? Is it because they feel that had things gone their way they might be playing for the National Championship?

Or is it because they are playing in the Alamo Bowl against a team that does not belong in the same league as them? It is an insult for UM to play in the Alamo Bowl.

UM should just stay in Michagan and play in the Detroit Murder City Bowl against the Stevie Wonder School for the Visually Challenged because it would be more competitive. (I didn't want to offend anyone by using the word "blind")

Let the Wolverines underestimate the Huskers if you want.

UM might win and they should by everyones prediction out there, but UM will not win by the 12 to 15 points that is predicted>