Huskers NOT in Sports Illustrated Preseason Top 25

Hey guise, we made the top 25 in a couple of other publications lol

125 College Football Teams, Ranked And Explained

9. NEBRASKA. The preseason frontrunner for the Harvey Dent Award is prolific Husker quarterback Taylor Martinez, who owns every school record for passing and total offense and has also fumbled more times (29) over the last two years than any other FBS player. In four losses in 2012, opponents scored 52 points off Nebraska turnovers.

Note also that the Cornhuskers don't play anyone of consequence until November. Barring a collapse, anything said or written about them before Halloween is irrelevant.

The 2013 Hater's Guide To The Top 25

18. Nebraska. You will never get through a Nebraska home game broadcast without the announcer reminding you that, on gameday, Memorial Stadium is the THIRD-LARGEST CITY IN NEBRASKA. Oh my God, really? You mean that the rest of the state consists of windblown shanty-hamlets? Well, knock me over with a f'ing feather. Brent Musburger and the like recite this stat over and over again to drill home the idea the DURRRRR NEBRASKANS ARE JUST SMALL-TOWN SIMPLE FOLK DURRRRRR, like it's some admirable trait to live in a state that has nothing in it. Living in Nebraska is like watching Boys Don't Cry on an infinite loop. It's the Ozarks without the splendor. I don't give a sh#t where the stadium ranks in terms of other municipalities.