Huskers NOT in Sports Illustrated Preseason Top 25

Not only did they lose Gholston and Bell, but everyone forgets about All Big Ten TE Dion Sims. Who mainly was, besides Bell, Andrew Maxwell's only reliable/consistent target.

And to top it off, Maxwell last year showed nothing that would make anyone think he is that good of a QB.

He sucks....oops, did I say that?!

Not only did they lose Gholston and Bell, but everyone forgets about All Big Ten TE Dion Sims. Who mainly was, besides Bell, Andrew Maxwell's only reliable/consistent target.

And to top it off, Maxwell last year showed nothing that would make anyone think he is that good of a QB.

He sucks....oops, did I say that?!

I really wanted to say it too but since we play them, I try not to insult the opposing teams QB. It's bad luck.

When factoring in all of who he ranks (and like NU, doesn't rank) his predictions are really, really poor. I am not convinced that he actually ranked based upon what he thought the final polls would look like but rather on how his poll would elicit response and sell. In other words, this smacks of a marketing ploy rather than a legit set of predictions.

Regarding the Huskers, their schedule is too weak not to end up with 9-10 wins (even if NU is no better than they were last year) --- and that should land them ranked at seasons end (at least 10 would). With this schedule, not ending up ranked would be epic failure of the highest order --- and I'd think is really unlikely --- the Huskers will finish ranked.

Having MSU at 15 and us out altogether is absurd. We have finished in the last four top25's and this sched is more forgiving than what we've been playing. Ya MSU had five close losses. They also had four close wins. They also have a more forgiving sched than last season but shouldn't be ranked ahead of us. VT shouldn't be ahead of us either.

Now im curious when the last time a team that was unranked in the preseason, took all the marbles. Just throwing that out there... im not tryin to get bold or anything. #nosarcasm

Probably Auburn with Cam Newton. They were either unranked or ranked very low. But we're not unranked, we're just not ranked in SI's poll.

Yep that sounds right now that u say that