Huskers NOT in Sports Illustrated Preseason Top 25

What they are smoking to rank Mich St #15 is beyond me.

"They have a really good defense"

That's what everyone says about them, nationwide.

Too bad Sparty has nothing on offense. They ranked 75th in Rushing Offense last year, and that was their highest major category ranking. They lose Le'Veon Bell and replace him with... nobody.

And it's too bad we hung 473 yards on them at their house last year, and they have to come to Lincoln this year.

But whatever. We don't get blown out three times last year and we're not unranked to start the season. It's our own fault.

I still couldn't believe certain analysts were picking Mich St. to win the Legends last year before the season started....and some picked them to win the BIG10 title....

Really? You don't have an offense....they had Bell, and that's pretty much it sadly.

Agree, it's bizarre. You can have a truly awesome defense and still not win anything of note if you can't score points. 2009 Nebraska and 2012 Sparty are two great examples.

It seems like these publications get ahead of themselves talking about great players on one side of the ball and that translates into their rankings when reality says you have to have playmakers on both sides to amount to much.

Picking a Sparty team that just came off a 7-6 year and who lost their best offensive weapon doesn't make much sense. It makes even less sense when you figure they lost Gholston, too.

Too bad Sparty has nothing on offense. They ranked 75th in Rushing Offense last year, and that was their highest major category ranking. They lose Le'Veon Bell and replace him with... nobody.

And it's too bad we hung 473 yards on them at their house last year, and they have to come to Lincoln this year.

But whatever. We don't get blown out three times last year and we're not unranked to start the season. It's our own fault.

I still couldn't believe certain analysts were picking Mich St. to win the Legends last year before the season started....and some picked them to win the BIG10 title....

Really? You don't have an offense....they had Bell, and that's pretty much it sadly.

Agree, it's bizarre. You can have a truly awesome defense and still not win anything of note if you can't score points. 2009 Nebraska and 2012 Sparty are two great examples.

It seems like these publications get ahead of themselves talking about great players on one side of the ball and that translates into their rankings when reality says you have to have playmakers on both sides to amount to much.

Picking a Sparty team that just came off a 7-6 year and who lost their best offensive weapon doesn't make much sense. It makes even less sense when you figure they lost Gholston, too.

This.......boggles my damn mind.........

With their rankings, they basically picked the Huskers to finish 4th in the division. Below three teams they beat last year, and two of those wins were on the road.

And Andy Staples is not a 'journalist' just a talking head.

Phil Steele has NEB going to the CCG.....and Mich landing in the 4th spot I believe....or maybe 3rd...Phil sure as hell doesn't have Mich finishing 2nd. I believe Northwestern holds the 2nd spot. Will he be right? Only time will tell..........BUT......A BIGGG BUT......If Michigan can't establish a solid running game with their pro-style offense this year, which typically predicates on a very solid RB to get yards, have fun winning games when you have quite a young front seven on defense and your best play maker is out right now until October (their LB).

I don't see Touissant getting it done in Michigan...they are going to have to rely on the young RB's....which Green is a question mark right now. A great freshman talent with potential, but a question mark for them IMO.

Gardner can only carry them so far with their decent and young WR's.

You want an even boggleder mind?

They main returning offensive weapon - Andrew Maxwell - didn't rank in the 2012 Top 100 in Pass Efficiency. Their top returning WRs - Burbridge, Mumphry & Fowler - all averaged about 3 receptions per game and 40 or fewer yards per game. Again, none in the top 100.

Nebraska returns Taylor Martinez, who ranked 39th in the country in Pass Efficiency. We return two WRs who averaged as many catches and receiving yards per game as Sparty's - Bell was 94th in the country in yards per game.

• Fire 1

You want an even boggleder mind?

They main returning offensive weapon - Andrew Maxwell - didn't rank in the 2012 Top 100 in Pass Efficiency. Their top returning WRs - Burbridge, Mumphry & Fowler - all averaged about 3 receptions per game and 40 or fewer yards per game. Again, none in the top 100.

Nebraska returns Taylor Martinez, who ranked 39th in the country in Pass Efficiency. We return two WRs who averaged as many catches and receiving yards per game as Sparty's - Bell was 94th in the country in yards per game.

You being the intelligent fellow you are.......and utilizing an array of verbaige, is that even a word!? ha

Anyways....Sparty is screwed....IMO....

And they project their leading rusher to have about 1,000 fewer yards than Bell did last year with about the same passing numbers. Either they have a deep RB committee or ...