Northern Puffaloes Consider 51st State

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is an interesting topic. I would have to read more into what it takes to secede before I could comment on whether it is a good idea.

Well, I think there are, like, 30 states or so that have people signing petitions to secede from the Fed gov't--i.e., the USA--TX being the leader in that one. ALOT of people moving to New Hampshire for said purpose--there's no Fed income tax there either.. This N CO thing is secession from the state of CO since they dont feel they are getting any 'love'--representation or $ aid--from the state.

I'm not up on my Colorado geography. Would the University of Northern Colorado actually be in Northern Colorado? If so, then it's meant to be.

Well, the University of Northern Colorado is in Greeley. Which is north of Denver in Weld County. Weld County is the area trying to secede so I would say yes.

Yea, they guy was saying NW areas of NE are tossing around the idea too, like allying with the Puffalo people. I dont think thats footballically correct, though, the horror!

I live in Greeley. This really doesn't seem to be a thing around here. I think the little movement there is, is being driven more by rural folks NE of here who don't feel they're being represented at the state level. Lots of oil-gas activity up in that part of the state right now. There's a bunch of money flowing from that into the state coffers and not being distributed back at the same level so there are some people a little excited.

I live in Greeley. This really doesn't seem to be a thing around here. I think the little movement there is, is being driven more by rural folks NE of here who don't feel they're being represented at the state level. Lots of oil-gas activity up in that part of the state right now. There's a bunch of money flowing from that into the state coffers and not being distributed back at the same level so there are some people a little excited.

I used to live in Greeley. Nice town when I was there. Haven't been back in quite some time.