Urban Meyer - Classless

Branno

I'm still trying to understand why working on your two point conversion in a live game is classless?

Oh dunno, schedule a poor quality team and then throw pies at their faces after every touchdown. I half expected them to parade the Buffalo players out of the stadium riding on donkeys backwards.

The idea of "throwing pies at their face" only works if the people you are throwing the pies at actually feel disrespected and if the intention was one of disrespect (not to mention, if you are actually throwing pies). No one, I repeat, no one, that has ever played football sees the two point conversion plays that occurred as disrespectful. The Buffalo team did not see it as disrespectful, so what in God's name are you talking about? If they were going for two in the fourth quarter when they were up by 20, different story, but in this sense, it is not, hence the Buffalo coach not even making a mention of it, because he knew it was not disrespectful. But don't let logic or facts get in the way of a good argument, right?

If the team that was supposedly disrespected had no issue with it, how could you find it so? The threshold of people getting their feelings hurt in this country from innocuous events is at a staggering level, as in, all it takes is two two point conversions and we need a Million Man March to rectify the wrong--completely ignoring the fact that no one actually involved was disrespected, felt disrespected, or intended to disrespect. If there is a quote out there from the Buffalo coach stating he felt it was wrong, then okay, but I searched and have yet to find one.

Sorry, turning my rant button to off, this has just been one of the most ridiculous threads I have come across in my professional interwebs chatting career.

Disclaimer: no disrespect intended.

I'm still trying to understand why working on your two point conversion in a live game is classless?

Oh dunno, schedule a poor quality team and then throw pies at their faces after every touchdown. I half expected them to parade the Buffalo players out of the stadium riding on donkeys backwards.

The idea of "throwing pies at their face" only works if the people you are throwing the pies at actually feel disrespected and if the intention was one of disrespect (not to mention, if you are actually throwing pies). No one, I repeat, no one, that has ever played football sees the two point conversion plays that occurred as disrespectful. The Buffalo team did not see it as disrespectful, so what in God's name are you talking about? If they were going for two in the fourth quarter when they were up by 20, different story, but in this sense, it is not, hence the Buffalo coach not even making a mention of it, because he knew it was not disrespectful. But don't let logic or facts get in the way of a good argument, right?

If the team that was supposedly disrespected had no issue with it, how could you find it so? The threshold of people getting their feelings hurt in this country from innocuous events is at a staggering level, as in, all it takes is two two point conversions and we need a Million Man March to rectify the wrong--completely ignoring the fact that no one actually involved was disrespected, felt disrespected, or intended to disrespect. If there is a quote out there from the Buffalo coach stating he felt it was wrong, then okay, but I searched and have yet to find one.

Sorry, turning my rant button to off, this has just been one of the most ridiculous threads I have come across in my professional interwebs chatting career.

Thanks for typing up a Novel. Simply put, the big puss Meyer would not have done that playing a better team, there was no reason to do this and I could not see coaches that have class and integrity doing it, if this was such a class act everyone would be doing it during the cream puff games, but they don't as it is douchebaggy. And the Buffalo team did not see it as disrespectful? What are you talking about? were you in the huddle? I bet they thought, what an a-hole.

Thanks for typing up a Novel. Simply put, the big puss Meyer would not have done that playing a better team, there was no reason to do this and I could not see coaches that have class and integrity doing it, if this was such a class act everyone would be doing it during the cream puff games, but they don't as it is douchebaggy. And the Buffalo team did not see it as disrespectful? What are you talking about? were you in the huddle? I bet they thought, what an a-hole.

No reason? What are the odds that every team Ohio State plays from now on, will now practice stopping those plays? And he got the backup QB some reps before he came in during the 3rd quarter to get him adjusted to game speed.

Are you going to refute specific points? Or just call it wrong and move on?

Well he talks about felonious nature, when no one was arrested on a felony.

They say Hyde was dismissed when he wasn't. Only suspended.

He puts a dig on Meyer saying arrested players are called team captains when no one who had issues is a captain nor were they elected for it prior to it.

Do I really need to continue or do you get the point when every sentence related to Ohio State was wrong as I just mentioned.

If charges stuck so far, players were kicked off the team or suspended (if it was underage drinking). If the charges weren't filed or they were dropped, the players were still suspended.

Were you? What a terrible retort. I am assuming since you are a Michigan Man you don't need me to explain the ridiculousness of asking this question.

No the retort was quite spot on, you were not there. Neither was I, but if I were there I would have thought him an a-hole.

Now I have never been on a Meyer hate wagon, this is the first time I actually thought, hmmm, what a douche, here is a weak team and he humiliates them. This was akin of being up 70-10 and going for touchdown in the last seconds. Sort of a "see, we can even do this to them". As I said, hardly anyone else does this, most coaches I would think deem this tasteless even though they could do it all day long vs the soft teams..

No the retort was quite spot on, you were not there. Neither was I, but if I were there I would have thought him an a-hole.

Now I have never been on a Meyer hate wagon, this is the first time I actually thought, hmmm, what a douche, here is a weak team and he humiliates them. This was akin of being up 70-10 and going for touchdown in the last seconds. Sort of a "see, we can even do this to them". As I said, hardly anyone else does this, most coaches I would think deem this tasteless even though they could do it all day long vs the soft teams..

Fair enough, I am just in the line of thinking that the Buffalo coach didn't have an issue with it and people that played competitive football (myself included) didn't see an issue with it, so I see no problem. But hey, I understand people are going to see things different from others, I just disagree, and that is sort of the way things will be. Which is fine, if everyone agreed with me it would be a boring world to live in.

how are they remotely similar? One you know the game is out of hand, The other you don't.

I'm just curious would you have considered Carr a douche had he done it at the beginning of the App. St. game? Because it very well would have allowed you to win that game.