Urban Meyer - Classless

Branno

No the retort was quite spot on, you were not there. Neither was I, but if I were there I would have thought him an a-hole.

Now I have never been on a Meyer hate wagon, this is the first time I actually thought, hmmm, what a douche, here is a weak team and he humiliates them. This was akin of being up 70-10 and going for touchdown in the last seconds. Sort of a "see, we can even do this to them". As I said, hardly anyone else does this, most coaches I would think deem this tasteless even though they could do it all day long vs the soft teams..

how are they remotely similar? One you know the game is out of hand, The other you don't.

I'm just curious would you have considered Carr a douche had he done it at the beginning of the App. St. game? Because it very well would have allowed you to win that game.

No the retort was quite spot on, you were not there. Neither was I, but if I were there I would have thought him an a-hole.

Now I have never been on a Meyer hate wagon, this is the first time I actually thought, hmmm, what a douche, here is a weak team and he humiliates them. This was akin of being up 70-10 and going for touchdown in the last seconds. Sort of a "see, we can even do this to them". As I said, hardly anyone else does this, most coaches I would think deem this tasteless even though they could do it all day long vs the soft teams..

Fair enough, I am just in the line of thinking that the Buffalo coach didn't have an issue with it and people that played competitive football (myself included) didn't see an issue with it, so I see no problem. But hey, I understand people are going to see things different from others, I just disagree, and that is sort of the way things will be. Which is fine, if everyone agreed with me it would be a boring world to live in.

Same here, you beat me to it, my last post was going to be to agree to disagree. Things were getting a bit to hot considering this was not the end of the world, so I'm glad we put some breaks on things. Cheers!

I was excited to hear Meyer was coming to OSU. A good coach that can take the Buckeyes to the next level, something that benefits the B1G as a whole.

I don't remember hearing about or seeing anything unsportsmanlike from him or his team last year.

Cut to today. I'm on my way to Lincoln, listening to my XM radio and decide to listen to the OSU game. Bucks get a TD in 4 plays, go for 2.

That's weird. But whatever, they're making a statement. It's not unheard of.

Next drive OSU gets a TD and goes for 2 again.

Classless.

Changed over to Wiscy. Then heard about the roughing the kicker penalty.

Any respect I had for the Buckeyes and Urban Meyer is gone. Classless team. Classless coach. Classless university. And any fan that doesn't call out their coach for such disrespectful play is classless as well.

I just hope you realize the irony of your post and don't need someone to spell it out for you.

Not sure if you know what irony is...

Johnny Football's little gesture when going into the game yesterday was a straight up dick move. He knows what he did. He knows what he got away with. Now he's rubbing it in our faces. Pissing on us without even having the courtesy to call it rain. He's a f'ing brat who straight up needs his ass whooped. And I bet Saban's the one that gives it to him.

Johnny Football's little gesture when going into the game yesterday was a straight up dick move. He knows what he did. He knows what he got away with. Now he's rubbing it in our faces. Pissing on us without even having the courtesy to call it rain. He's a f'ing brat who straight up needs his ass whooped. And I bet Saban's the one that gives it to him.

What gesture?

What gesture?

really? i didnt watch a whole game on saturday and yet in the 73 seconds of highlights i saw, i saw his autograph gesture. or did he have multiple that you wanted clarification on which one?

http://www.huskerboa...50#entry1206369

Check out the last page of this thread.

The supposed autograph gesture is to Nick Elder. He tweeted about it and its on this thread too.

Whatever. That's fine and all. I remain by what I said. He's rubbing in everyone's face.

I will say that I dont hope he gets hurt like has been said in the Manziel thread. I do actually hope he learns a lesson from all this and becomes a better person, but after saturday that's appearing to be a hopeless cause.

I was excited to hear Meyer was coming to OSU. A good coach that can take the Buckeyes to the next level, something that benefits the B1G as a whole.

I don't remember hearing about or seeing anything unsportsmanlike from him or his team last year.

Cut to today. I'm on my way to Lincoln, listening to my XM radio and decide to listen to the OSU game. Bucks get a TD in 4 plays, go for 2.

That's weird. But whatever, they're making a statement. It's not unheard of.

Next drive OSU gets a TD and goes for 2 again.

Classless.

Changed over to Wiscy. Then heard about the roughing the kicker penalty.

Any respect I had for the Buckeyes and Urban Meyer is gone. Classless team. Classless coach. Classless university. And any fan that doesn't call out their coach for such disrespectful play is classless as well.

I just hope you realize the irony of your post and don't need someone to spell it out for you.

Not sure if you know what irony is...

Well, I do know what it means, but your implication is correct; I should have just said "pot calling the kettle black" instead. I believe the way you called out people that had zero to do with the football game as classless (myself included) was just as classless as you claimed a two point conversion was. You easily could have just called out Meyer, but you decided to call out everyone else associated with the university too. You are correct, I could have articulated my response better. Next time I'll try harder, egg on my face.

I too make remarks pointed at an entire fan base, and have done it on this board (e.g., Nebraska fans have too much humility--which I think is a good thing, but can be detrimental at the same time), but I try to make them as positive statements of a fan base. I am not a Michigan fan and may poke at a Michigan fan by calling them a "Michigan Man" to get a rise out of that individual, but I try to steer clear of calling an entire fan base as classless or whatever negative connotation one may come up with. But hey, oh well. Not trying to be holier than thou, but you went a bit far with your statement, in my opinion; take it for what its worth. If its worth nothing, that's just as well.

Yeah,

Urban is the classless one for getting cheap points.

I assume you were calling Osbourne classless back in the 90's for winning by unnecessary amounts? 77-28 vs ASU? 73-21 vs OU?,etc,

Also "Classless University?"

Time to grow up. Going for two twice doesn't affect the Engineering or Business schools.

Yeah,

I assume you were calling Osbourne classless back in the 90's for winning by unnecessary amounts? 77-28 vs ASU? 73-21 vs OU?,etc,

Time to grow up. Going for two twice doesn't affect the Engineering or Business schools.

But Tom has class. And I dont think going for two was classless. But you cant deny that Urban is a scumbag... Don't even try and deny it.

Yeah,

But Tom has class. I dont think going for two was classless. But you cant deny that Urban is a scumbag... Don't even try and deny it.

Please elaborate. I'll listen.

I thought he just went with the jones' down in Florida(SEC style) and wasn't a fan . then during his introductory speech at OSU he regretted how it went and he didn't like himself and what he became and what college football was becoming.

That was good enough for a fresh start for me and he has done everything well in Cbus.

Yeah,

But Tom has class. I dont think going for two was classless. But you cant deny that Urban is a scumbag... Don't even try and deny it.

I thought he just went with the jones' down in Florida(SEC style) and wasn't a fan . then during his introductory speech at OSU he regretted how it went and he didn't like himself and what he became and what college football was becoming.

That was good enough for a fresh start for me and he has done everything well in Cbus.

I've hated him since he was at Florida.

Yeah,

I've hated him since he was at Florida.

Elaboration? :lol:

You think you hated him while he was at Florida? one does not simply forget getting "OZzed" in the National Title game by short passes and crappy Oline play. And I WAS IN ATTENDANCE TOO!