NU's Record on Week of 9/11

ESPY

This is nothing big, but I was curious to see how Nebraska has done in games the week of 9/11 since that tragic day in 2001. Here's a quick rundown...

01 - w (rice)

02 - L (penn st #25)

03 - w (penn st)

04 - L (southern miss)

05 - W (wake forest)

06 - L (usc #4)

07 - L (usc #1)

08 - w (new mex st)

09 - w (ark st)

10 - w (idaho)

11 - w (washington)

12 - w (ark st)

So the overall record is 8-4, with 3 of the 4 losses coming to the only ranked teams we've ever faced on the week of 9/11. I know that has no bearing on how we'll do this weekend against a ranked UCLA, but if you read into that kind of thing, it doesn't bode well for us.

Most important for all of us with this thread is to never forget just how precious life is. Thank God for the freedom we have in this great country. In spite of a losing record against ranked teams on this particular weekend over the last 12 years, at least we can enjoy the great game of football and the freedome we have to cheer for our Huskers.

GBR and God bless America!

I'm struggling to find any meaningful connection between the 9/11 attacks and college football.

There aren't any meaningful connections. This was more out of curiosity than anything else.

Football doesn't have anything to do with Halloween either, so maybe I'll do something similar for our game that weekend.