Lets sleep on it

because this isn't war, its a game.

Actually, neither. It's a job for 18-22 year olds that can play football. Those 18-22 year olds that can't play football get a job or talk mom & dad into supporting them (or go into the military for a job, which then is real war).

The point still stands that in the end, results are results and the lack thereof starts a whole slew of questions and statements as to their absence.

People/media needs to pick a side. On one hand, you have people spouting "they're just kids! Leave them (and Britney) alone!" and then you have Desmond Howard (and many, many others (many of whom fall into the first category, as well)) who talks about how they are grown and need to get paid for universities/NCAA using their likeness. Either they're kids and we coddle them or they're adults and we hold them accountable. I'm sick of people playing both sides and catering to 18 year-old kids solely because we live in the most technologically advanced era in the history of time (reference to the access to the message boards, Ipads, etc.).

Read "The Junction Boys" and get back to me. Either that or shut down all message boards, get rid of fancy recruiting trips, locker rooms, dining halls, dorms, bowl "gift bags", scholarships, etc. and let the kids be kids.

Nobody has ever pumped sunshine after a loss. Just managing the overblown crisis.

I see 2 more definite wins on this schedule....the rest are toss ups at this point.

So?

I shouldn't be saying that. this is not overblown you just refuse to see the truth.

What?

people's reactions aren't overblown and have been happening for the last 2 years. this isn't a 1 time deal. either we set the standards as fans or just live with it and accept it. Having meltdowns on national tv isn't a standard but it has become the norm now for Bo.

the University of Ne....I mean Football exists to provide one and only purpose: National Championships.

It is and always has been this way, amiright? Not Degrees, not research, not personal growth for those that spend gagillions of dollars to get a sheet of paper that says my wah-wah squad was better than Saban's wah-wah squad. Manziel would have too much character to represent this state.

Let's just say that these are actually kids, you actually think kids never get verbally assaulted. Middle school, Junior High, High School... any school. Kids are always constantly verbally assaulted, questioned, criticized by their peers and even adults before they even reach College. For some College is a transition to becoming an adult as they begin to slowly be given more adult responsibilities. However for most of America, the ones who don't go to college or simply don't finish high school, they start their adult hood much earlier, they either sink or swim. They don't get the benefit of slowly working towards becoming an adult. We all have the potential to become adult long before some societal age comes to fruition. It all depends on the situation we are in. I don't think there are too many people that would give the reigns of a multi-million dollar program to a kid. I don't think people pay 50-1000's of dollars to watch a kid they don't know, run around on a field. These "kids," the ones that sign the dotted line to play FBS fooball, put themselves into a situation that calls for them to be an adult.

I don't think they enjoy being seen, or referred to as kids.