Post Game UCLA Tweets

Nobody

I think the goal is to keep Hundley contained. You don't want to blitz, take a defender away from coverage, and then have Hundley sidestep the blitzer -- something that he can easily do -- and take off into a wide open running lane. With guys who are effective at moving the pocket and also at taking off and running like this, containment is important and blitzing must be used judiciously, as it's risky.

VV and RG44 have both received rave reviews so far. But it sounds like we need the other positions on the DL to really step it up. If they don't it's going to be a problem, period, and that has nothing to do with scheme.

Frankly, zoogs, I think that goal sucks. We've been trying to "contain" QBs for the last 3 years and it's been proven time and time again it's simply not a good strategy. I'm with you as far as blitzing goes (we've always been on the same page here), but to rush 2 on 3rd and long is outrageous.

When you stand both DTs straight up to spy the QB, it effectively takes them out of the play because the vast majority of the time they're not athletic enough to run down a mobile QB. If anything, use them to collapse the pocket so the QB doesn't have a clean pocket to saunter into.

As far as QBs always seeming to have wide open running lanes against us, I'm becoming more and more convinced it's because of our use of man coverage almost exclusively.