Monday Morning

Hunter94

It's a hard situation. After over 5 years, Bo and company hasn't learned from VERY basic mistakes in strategy and scheme. If they could get over some of these issues I do think they could be a great staff, but if they haven't figured it out over the past 5 years, how much longer do they need?

Eventually something has to break. We simply cannot keep winning 9-10 games a year with a few bad loses sprinkled in. At some point we will either win a conference championship or have a losing season. Sadly I think latter of the two will come first.

So the question is, how many years are we willing to wait for either the ship to completely crash (losing season, still no growth in coaching), or for these very simply things to be fixed so we can become a team that is winning conference championships. Now weigh that number against the number of years it will take for us to return to a respectable program if we cleaned house. Is it worth it? Honestly I have no idea.

Seems like almost all of the Nebraska fans are jumping on Bo Pelini and his staff. I think the major

reason for the Bruin victory was that on both sides of the ball the Bruins had faster players than Nebraska did. Yes, recruiting is the responsibility of the coaches, so the current staff could be (and should be) criticized for not gettting players who are fast enough to compete with the better teams in college football.

But the recruiting issue aside,do any of you think that the outcome would have been any different if you could have magically swapped out the entire Pelini staff for any other Big 10 staff?

With much respect, player talent is not the issue.

Seems like almost all of the Nebraska fans are jumping on Bo Pelini and his staff. I think the major reason for the Bruin victory was that on both sides of the ball the Bruins had faster players than Nebraska did. Yes, recruiting is the responsibility of the coaches, so the current staff could be (and should be) criticized for not gettting players who are fast enough to compete with the better teams in college football.

But the recruiting issue aside,do any of you think that the outcome would have been any different if you could have magically swapped out the entire Pelini staff for any other Big 10 staff?

I don't think that UCLA has faster players than Nebraska. That's based on what i saw. Nebraska is a pretty fast team. If you follow star rankings, Nebraska and UCLA are pretty even at least on Scout.com.

how much longer do we retain stability and yet see no promise of change?...

In regard to our head coaching position, I don't know that answer. Nor do you. And Pelini has actually made changes. Recruiting has significantly improved the past two years. Here's something to consider......Urban Meyer publically called out the entire Big 10 last year. Do you know what he called all the other schools out about? The answer is recruiting.

Seems like almost all of the Nebraska fans are jumping on Bo Pelini and his staff. I think the major

reason for the Bruin victory was that on both sides of the ball the Bruins had faster players than Nebraska did. Yes, recruiting is the responsibility of the coaches, so the current staff could be (and should be) criticized for not gettting players who are fast enough to compete with the better teams in college football.

With much respect, player talent is not the issue.

Urban Meyer would disagree. I posted this above, but Urban Meyer called out the entire Big 10 last year on recruiting......and he did it publically.

Seems like almost all of the Nebraska fans are jumping on Bo Pelini and his staff. I think the major reason for the Bruin victory was that on both sides of the ball the Bruins had faster players than Nebraska did. Yes, recruiting is the responsibility of the coaches, so the current staff could be (and should be) criticized for not gettting players who are fast enough to compete with the better teams in college football.

I will politely say that I disagree with your analysis of player speed 100%. I think the talent excuse is worn out here at Nebraska. There's plenty of it out there, and to be quite frank with you, we had more speed and better athletes than UCLA on that field Saturday.

Secondly, we aren't asking for magic here and if we had magic, why would we waste it by swapping with another Big Ten school.

I don't really think yesterday's collapse was Bo's fault. The game I watched people our Huskers totally quit at about the 9:00 minute mark of the third quarter. The entire team quit, especially the deffense when UCLA made it 21-17 the effort of our defense was a joke. Now that Bo is the head coach and he is overall responsilble. He is going to take the heat for this loss and he should. The coaches can coach the players and players need to execute the plays and scheme. I have been a Nebraska fan and supporter for over 40 years, but after yesterdays game I am ashamed to call myself a husker fan because we stunk up the field and made UCLA look like the number one team in the nation.

I don't really think yesterday's collapse was Bo's fault. The game I watched people our Huskers totally quit at about the 9:00 minute mark of the third quarter. The entire team quit, especially the deffense when UCLA made it 21-17 the effort of our defense was a joke. Now that Bo is the head coach and he is overall responsilble. He is going to take the heat for this loss and he should. The coaches can coach the players and players need to execute the plays and scheme. I have been a Nebraska fan and supporter for over 40 years, but after yesterdays game I am ashamed to call myself a husker fan because we stunk up the field and made UCLA look like the number one team in the nation.

Bo, Pap and Beck...the 3 amigos. it is there team to manage.....management is always responsible.....always.

I think this might be the game where Husker Nation finally turned on Bo.

There' s always been an anti-Bo crowd, but now the Bo supporter crowd is very very small

the losses, while lately more embarrassing, are just so heartbreaking. this year we get up 21-3 and it looks like the defense is sustainable, we end up getting embarrassed. last year we finally feel like we will get the conference championship we deserve, we get spanked right out of the gate. we get big chances on the national stage to say we are back, we get embarrassed. the losses are always inexcusable because they are to inferior teams or we are just embarrassed, or both. getting to conf. champ. is not worth much when it is just a guaranteed loss.

just tired of the heartbreak and really feel bad for the players. they deserve better than this.

• Fire 1

I think this might be the game where Husker Nation finally turned on Bo.

There' s always been an anti-Bo crowd, but now the Bo supporter crowd is very very small

the losses, while lately more embarrassing, are just so heartbreaking. this year we get up 21-3 and it looks like the defense is sustainable, we end up getting embarrassed. last year we finally feel like we will get the conference championship we deserve, we get spanked right out of the gate. we get big chances on the national stage to say we are back, we get embarrassed. the losses are always inexcusable because they are to inferior teams or we are just embarrassed, or both. getting to conf. champ. is not worth much when it is just a guaranteed loss.

just tired of the heartbreak and really feel bad for the players. they deserve better than this.

right or wrong, I am afraid we are going to hear the execution speech tomorrow...should be interesting, for sure....maybe.