Players that aren't fulfilling their responsibilities

HuskerShark

There's a player mentioned in this thread as an example of someone who's doing it right who really, really, really shouldn't be. He's a diva and even though he has all the talent in the world, I'd love to see him benched in favor of some of our younger guys.

That man is Jamal Turner. Drops passes that hit him in the hands. Half-hearted blocks. Complains about the officiating constantly, complains when a pass isn't exactly to his liking. That's not the attitude we need on this team.

Thank you. That guy can get released from his scholarship any day now.

I don't really want to get into analysis of what the players said. (I know, right?) Yes, I agree a lot of it sounds bad. But it's also a bunch of kids trying to speak professionally to the media after a tough loss and that can't be a skillset they've developed yet. So all the reasons or answers they offer, I don't think we should take it as literal word of what really happened. Taking the game for granted, thinking UCLA was going to roll over, etc.

That last one I especially doubt; it's just a message reinforcing the 'play hard for 4 quarters' mantra to themselves and their teammates by being self critical.

As for Taylor saying things he probably shouldn't, there's Taylor for you but at this point I don't think he has any issues with leadership command of the team. What he probably meant to say was there wasn't anything they were able to do about it, as that's literally what happened.

supposedly Josh Mitchell I guess tweeted calling Husker fans dipsh#ts and then deleted the tweet
I can understand the frustration from a college kid. Plus we do act like dipsh#ts after we lose, so can't really get mad at him.

Well it is kinda his fault, I mean he did kinda "leave it wide open" for us to see right? ;)

couple things from the game that I couldnt stand....

1. When you play man to man in the secondary like Bo likes to do you better get pressure on the QB. Hundley sat back there for 5-6 seconds at a time and ate us a live. At least if you blitz hes got to get rid of the ball quickly putting pressure on their QB to execute under duress rather than execute without pressure. Hes going to be an NFLQB for God sakes dont let him sit back there likes its a summer 7 on 7 camp.

2. Offensive play calling was brutal. When there is a 20MPH wind and your straight in to it why keep passing the ball rather than chewing up the clock with a 2 score lead. Needed to keep the chains moving and shorten the game. Imani Cross was just sitting on the sidelines when I thought he could of been huge getting us thru that 3rd Q. I thought Beck did a poor job calling the game. Not only did he make poor offensive calls but i thought it was very safe and passive. Rather than trying to increase the lead it looked like he was calling plays to try and protect the lead. The only time we really tried to go down field was off of turnovers. If I remember correctly we scored very quickly after those turnovers.

That is all.