Like a Summer Storm on the Nebraska Heartland

First..the disclaimer. I am a life long sunshine pumper. I love the Huskers and always will. Period...always. I will always cheer for them. Period.. Always.

Most of us on this board know about summer storms here on the Nebraska plains. It's mid Summer....we like to complain about how hot and humid it gets some days..but we know there are days in Nebraska that are nicer than any place on earth. So one day, around mid to late July you wake up and it is already 82 degrees and about 65% humidity. The morning comes in clear and just blistering. Around 11:30, you see thunderheads off to the southwest. The horizon has grown hazy with the humidity. Around 1:00 pm, those thunderheads begin to explode and build over the whole area. At 1:45 pm it gets kind of greenish gray and darkens. The air is so thick you can hardly draw a breath. Thunder sounds in the distance. The wind begins to whirl a little. 2:00 pm the sky goes from greenish gray to black and the yard lights start to come on. 2:15 hits just when the storm does and there is so much wind, lightning, small hail and heavy rain you wonder if everything will be lost. You wait it out. The women huddle downstairs while the men stand and watch from the porch or windows. It's bad...really bad. Sirens go off all over the area and Ken Shimek on the TV says to head for cover. The storm rages. Then is begins to lighten up. The wind dies down, the rain slows to a sprinkle. The thunder and lightening are now again distant to the east. The front that caused all this havoc now pushes through the area. The sun is magically in the sky again. The sky is perfectly blue overhead. And the thick, turbulent, stifling air that reigned the morning is gone. The cool air has moved in. It is 75 degrees, humidity is almost non-existent and everyone who has felt that change knows this is the best a day will ever feel. Life on the plains is freaking fantastic. Storms come and go, but especially after a storm...it is fantastic.

I am hoping/believing this last 72 hours has been a terrible storm. And possibly, for the coaches...the team and especially the fans...we can move into the fresh sunny day where life if fantastic while the storm rumbles into the past of our memories.

Honestly I believe after th first offensive score or first big defensive play, which ever comes first, that unit runs to and embraces Bo. We get a pretty big win and the players celly hard try it show love of Bo with Gatorade bath or carrying him off the field, neither of which will fly with him

Sadly, I'm thinking the coaches and players can start anew...don't thing the fans will let this pass.

Well, I am the absolute opposite of a sunshine pumper, so here's my take:

The cursing thing is over and done with, as far as I am concerned. Real men (people) apologize when they have done wrong and real men (people) accept those apologies when they are sincere. One day, someone may will be in the position to hear one of my apologies...so it's the old "do unto others..." dictum we have here.

...oh and Pelini has to promise to use more two back sets... :corndance

• Fire 1

First..the disclaimer. I am a life long sunshine pumper. I love the Huskers and always will. Period...always. I will always cheer for them. Period.. Always.

Most of us on this board know about summer storms here on the Nebraska plains. It's mid Summer....we like to complain about how hot and humid it gets some days..but we know there are days in Nebraska that are nicer than any place on earth. So one day, around mid to late July you wake up and it is already 82 degrees and about 65% humidity. The morning comes in clear and just blistering. Around 11:30, you see thunderheads off to the southwest. The horizon has grown hazy with the humidity. Around 1:00 pm, those thunderheads begin to explode and build over the whole area. At 1:45 pm it gets kind of greenish gray and darkens. The air is so thick you can hardly draw a breath. Thunder sounds in the distance. The wind begins to whirl a little. 2:00 pm the sky goes from greenish gray to black and the yard lights start to come on. 2:15 hits just when the storm does and there is so much wind, lightning, small hail and heavy rain you wonder if everything will be lost. You wait it out. The women huddle downstairs while the men stand and watch from the porch or windows. It's bad...really bad. Sirens go off all over the area and Ken Shimek on the TV says to head for cover. The storm rages. Then is begins to lighten up. The wind dies down, the rain slows to a sprinkle. The thunder and lightening are now again distant to the east. The front that caused all this havoc now pushes through the area. The sun is magically in the sky again. The sky is perfectly blue overhead. And the thick, turbulent, stifling air that reigned the morning is gone. The cool air has moved in. It is 75 degrees, humidity is almost non-existent and everyone who has felt that change knows this is the best a day will ever feel. Life on the plains is freaking fantastic. Storms come and go, but especially after a storm...it is fantastic.

I am hoping/believing this last 72 hours has been a terrible storm. And possibly, for the coaches...the team and especially the fans...we can move into the fresh sunny day where life if fantastic while the storm rumbles into the past of our memories.

like a fart in an elevator......it belongs to everyone.

Well, I am the absolute opposite of a sunshine pumper, so here's my take:

The cursing thing is over and done with, as far as I am concerned. Real men (people) apologize when they have done wrong and real men (people) accept those apologies when they are sincere. One day, someone may will be in the position to hear one of my apologies...so it's the old "do unto others..." dictum we have here.

...oh and Pelini has to promise to use more two back sets... :corndance

I agree...be grown ups, accept the apology and move on. Will be hard for a lot of fans..and to be fair..the apology still needs to be followed by performance on the field of play. And yeah...more two back sets!!! :-)

like a fart in an elevator......it belongs to everyone.

heh heh...well put