University releases statement

Saunders

Knowing that goes a loooong way toward explaining Bo's demeanor these last couple of years. And in all, knowing that he is who he is, I'd say he's done a great job of reigning in that undesirable edge.

Apology accepted. University statement accepted. Move on. But we still need to improve the product on the field. Two separate issues in my mind. I'm hoping this is the high/low water mark that delineates the past from the future......stagnation from progress.

I'm glad this was put to rest so we can concentrate on football again (and Bo's performance as a coach not as an immature loudmouth).

I don't think this is really put to rest or put behind us. It's just on the shelf for now, it's not going to be forgotten and I would bet we'll see if referenced again at some point in the future. But by the University saying it has already been addressed (and including TO), they've taken some of the heat away from it, for now.

I wonder how Bob Devaney would have handled this if he were still around. I have a feeling he and Bo would have been chums.

The BobFather would not have been recorded in the first place. And even if he had, the media types would protect Devaney. Because of the many times he drank them under the table, then drove them home and tucked them into their beds. He was a god among Irishmen.

They all knew about his mistress too, not a well kept secret, but never brought up in the news

I wonder how Bob Devaney would have handled this if he were still around. I have a feeling he and Bo would have been chums.

The BobFather would not have been recorded in the first place. And even if he had, the media types would protect Devaney. Because of the many times he drank them under the table, then drove them home and tucked them into their beds. He was a god among Irishmen.

They all knew about his mistress too, not a well kept secret, but never brought up in the news

That is because the "news back in the day," did not have instant access to everything. I personally witnessed one of Devaney's more storied behavioral missteps. He would have probably have been suspended from a game or perhaps even fired if it happened today.

Makes me feel better ... that the university knew about it a year ago .... and addressed it with Bo back then.

Now if we can just get the real idiot Husker fans with the agenda to fire Bo to have some sanity ... maybe we can still build this program this season instead of try to destroy it. We have such an easy schedule ... I can see us doing very well this year still ... if we will grow and learn ... and move forward. It could go another direction as well ... sad to say. I think it is in the Huskers best interest to piece together this season and see where we end up before we do anything drastic. If the fans don't "chill" then our recruiting class could really take a big hit. Hoping for sound minds the rest of this year for sure.

Your right nebraska has a very easy schedule if they go to the big ten championship lose a close gm or win fine but if bo gets blown out by 39 again or nebraska folds at the end of the season bo will be fired

:yeah

I think this is a good statement by the University. It attempts to move on and hopefully gives the program and the fans a chance to have the best season they can. Decisions will be made (as they should) after the season unfolds. We still have a chance to have a very good year.

All that said, something struck me when reading this.

What are the chances that Bo somehow was being blackmailed by whomever had this? If there was a disgruntled fan/media person/employee that wanted Bo gone and they had this recording, they very well could have threatened Bo with releasing it if he didn't do XYZ. That may very well be how Bo knows who released it.

Absolutely pure speculation but it is possible.

I think I read somewhere someone was doing that and more info to come on it.