Government Shutdown

LOL...Mother Jones...LOL

You really linked a site that on the side talks about Zombie medicine has reached the US and "it's no joke".

Priceless.

This one? http://www.motherjon...hes-us-not-joke

or . . . this one? http://www.foxnews.c...-surface-in-us/

Quite frankly, Mother Jones and Fox News are roughly comparable. Occasionally one or the other will get a big scoop . . . but mostly they're just echo chambers.

That said, Fox News viewers are more misinformed than those who watch no news at all. http://www.forbes.co...-poll-suggests/ :P

Glad we agree.

The people doing this have no real reason to care about this. It's not going to affect their personal lives. And a year or three from now they'll blame the other side and their constituents will believe them, so it won't affect their re-elections.

Our government doesn't work and it's going to take a collapse or a revolution to change it.

Absolutely +1. /endthread

. . . Quite frankly, Mother Jones and Fox News are roughly comparable. . . .

Glad we agree.

If that's true I wonder why I didn't see this:

LOL...Fox News...LOL

You really linked a site that on the side talks about Zombie medicine has reached the US and "it's no joke".

Priceless.

. . . Quite frankly, Mother Jones and Fox News are roughly comparable. . . .

Glad we agree.

If that's true I wonder why I didn't see this:

LOL...Fox News...LOL

Priceless.

I love it when you try to create an argument where there isn't one.

In all seriousness, this is the wrong hill for Republicans to die on. Cut your losses, attach the Obamacare delays to a hostage Democrats actually care about: the debt ceiling.

You serious?

Of course I'm serious. Political games with the debt ceiling are a bipartisan tradition dating back to the Eisenhower administration. The Republicans would have all the leverage in the world, as Obama would have to make a choice: delay the part of ObamaCare (individual mandate) that pretty much everyone hates, or destroy the economy that you're the caretaker of. Either way, he loses.

In all seriousness, this is the wrong hill for Republicans to die on. Cut your losses, attach the Obamacare delays to a hostage Democrats actually care about: the debt ceiling.

You serious?

Of course I'm serious. Political games with the debt ceiling are a bipartisan tradition dating back to the Eisenhower administration. The Republicans would have all the leverage in the world, as Obama would have to make a choice: delay the part of ObamaCare (individual mandate) that pretty much everyone hates, or destroy the economy that you're the caretaker of. Either way, he loses.

No comment necessary.

This is your GOP, people.

• Fire 4

I love it when you try to create an argument where there isn't one.

Wouldn't that have been fair and balanced?

Please show me where I have ever supported Fox News and said they are anything but a mouth piece for the piece of crap that is the Republican party.

I have said over and over again on this board how much I despise Fox news and any media like them that panders to one political side. Quite frankly, I haven't clicked on a link in this thread from Foxnews. In fact, I just looked back and I don't remember seeing any link from Foxnews other than the one in your post for which I agreed with you that they are the same and you still are trying to fabricate an argument. Why?

Are you out of real reasons to argue?

No comment necessary.

Senator Obama would like a word, with you, sir.

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills. ... I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”

This is American politics. The in-party has to rule and make compromises. The out-party gets to act like screaming children in the supermarket. I enjoy an exchange of ideas, but this faux-outrage that each party deploys the moment the balance of power shifts is tiresome.

No comment necessary.

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills. ... I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”

This is American politics. The in-party has to rule and make compromises. The out-party gets to act like screaming children in the supermarket. I enjoy an exchange of ideas, but this faux-outrage that each party deploys the moment the balance of power shifts is tiresome.

Yea, he was wrong then. That doesn't make the Tea Party right now.

No comment necessary.

Was Senator Obama successful in preventing the raising of the debt ceiling?

You seem to be advocating not for a misguided message vote . . . but for actually defaulting if the GOP demands aren't met.