Defensive Recruits?

Anyone starting to get worried? I know it's still early but we have 3 defensive commits so far. Newell (stud Dline), Mosley (very underrated CB) and Gifford (in-state safety prospect). I'm not worried just about the lack of commits, but more so the lack of interest from bigger (or any for that matter) defensive recruits. We are in the mix for some studs in 2015, but this year is getting me worried. Any thoughts from anyone?

I know every year is different with recruiting. I am surprised that with the number of D linemen and D backs the Huskers have sent to the NFL in the last 4 years that it continues to be a problem recruiting. LB's not so much. I think you add Stoltenberg to that list however. In years past it seemed like there were always 2 or 3 big Iowa or Nebraska kids that starred at DL for the Huskers. I think Newell is in that mold!

If all honesty, I don't think we need to hit it out of the park with this defensive class this year. Get some good players, they don't need to be great; quality depth, but not first year starters. We aren't getting interest because there are already freshmen starting at virtually every spot on this defense- the good players don't want to come in and get sat on a bench for 3 while they wait their turn.

Kinda curious why we aren't getting good DB/Safety recruits. Next year we will have Mitchell (SR I believe) and J.Rose (JR I think) and not much depth behind them. Safety is the same way. For what it's worth Trai Mosley is a stud and will be a stud for us next year IMO.

I think we are fine at safety...we got a lot of guys there for next year. Cooper, HJax, CJax, Leroy Alexander, DJ Singleton, Drake Martinez .....might be forgetting one too.

Kinda curious why we aren't getting good DB/Safety recruits. Next year we will have Mitchell (SR I believe) and J.Rose (JR I think) and not much depth behind them. Safety is the same way. For what it's worth Trai Mosley is a stud and will be a stud for us next year IMO.

Don't forget about Daniel Davie at CB...he was making noise this fall.

I know every year is different with recruiting. I am surprised that with the number of D linemen and D backs the Huskers have sent to the NFL in the last 4 years that it continues to be a problem recruiting. LB's not so much. I think you add Stoltenberg to that list however. In years past it seemed like there were always 2 or 3 big Iowa or Nebraska kids that starred at DL for the Huskers. I think Newell is in that mold!

From everything I have heard he will be (or start out at) OT. I'd like him on D though.

I think we are fine at safety...we got a lot of guys there for next year. Cooper, HJax, CJax, Leroy Alexander, DJ Singleton, Drake Martinez .....might be forgetting one too.

Good point on Safety. Lots of speed and power in our safeties. Need CJax on the field ASAP. I have not even seen any recruiting updates about any DBs, kinda concerning

Good point on Safety. Lots of speed and power in our safeties. Need CJax on the field ASAP. I have not even seen any recruiting updates about any DBs, kinda concerning

Yup, I held off being worried last year and the year before when other people were...but I'm worried now. At this point next year we will have:

Mitchell (SR.)

Rose (JR.)

Davie (JR.)

Boaz Joseph (RSFR.)

Mosley (FR.) I think ideally he needs a RS year.