Weight room tidbits........

Comish

As part of an article in the Lincoln Journal Star today discussing gains made by the basketball team in the weight room, this was the most intriguing to me.

Wilson was talking about Peltz and his quickness and strength..........

"That was the biggest surprise for me, to see him run that fast,” Wilson said of Peltz’s average time of 57 seconds. “He’s got good speed. Guy should be on special teams, coming down the field.”

Wilson says that, knowing the 6-2, 203-pound Peltz is also the team’s strongest player, with a bench press of 380 pounds. Pitchford is next, with a bench of 300.

Peltz with a 380 bench ? Typo ? While it's great to have a backup point guard who could moonlight Saturdays as a kick-off wedge-buster, how about some guys who can SHOOT ? :sarcasm

Also worth noting is that the 6 foot 11 inch Pitchford has a 40" in vertical.

Some interesting stuff.

Wilson says that, knowing the 6-2, 203-pound Peltz is also the team’s strongest player, with a bench press of 380 pounds. Pitchford is next, with a bench of 300.

Peltz with a 380 bench ? Typo ?

Gotta be a typo, that is huuuuge weight for a guy that size.

The collegiate powerlifting record for bench press for a 198 pound guy is 391. http://www.goheavy.net/records/viewrecordset.aspx?recordsetguid=1cc8f861-7faf-4416-ad40-59525efe5df4

It would be absolutely mindboggling for a 6'2" basketball player to approach a bench press record.

Peltz with a 380 bench ? Typo ?

Gotta be a typo, that is huuuuge weight for a guy that size.

The collegiate powerlifting record for bench press for a 198 pound guy is 391. http://www.goheavy.n...40-59525efe5df4

It would be absolutely mindboggling for a 6'2" basketball player to approach a bench press record.

Thanks for the research. I've done some serious lifting back in the day and I thought that seemed pretty sick. (hard to believe the local wrap could make a mistake... :huh: )

I'm more apt to believe and recognize Pitchford at 300 with his mass. Add his explosiveness, strength, 6"11 size and attitude and he could really be something special.

Thanks for the research. I've done some serious lifting back in the day and I thought that seemed pretty sick. (hard to believe the local wrap could make a mistake... :huh: )

I'm more apt to believe and recognize Pitchford at 300 with his mass. Add his explosiveness, strength, 6"11 size and attitude and he could really be something special.

It's pretty impressive for a guy that tall. Bench pressing is difficult for tall guys with long arms, so anyone near 7 foot that can press 300 is darn good. Dwight Howard is one of those freaks who can move a lot of weight, if the youtube videos are to be believed, but a lot of others cannot. Kevin Durant could not even do a single rep of 185 at his pro combine. Of course, bench press strength has very little carryover to b-ball skills on the court, so whatever I suppose!