Missouri?

• 5 weeks later...

Mizzou v. Georgia 41-26 (win)

Mizzou v. Florida 36-17 (win)

Mizzou v. South Caroliny 27-24 (OT) (loss)

Mizzou v. Tennessee 31-3 (win)

Okay, what's the deal here? Is Mizzou really that good? Or does the SEC just suck?? I really can't decide which.

/ edited for clarity. (My cut-and-paste didn't make sense.) Mizzou won three of the four.

They are good and if you can't see that, you either have no idea what a good team looks like or your just a hater. They have dominated teams and have the last two wins with a backup freshman. The team passes every eyeball test if you have watched them at all. They have possible the best front four in the sec. Their oline is physical and talented. They have quite possibly the best core of wrs in the county. Three rbs that are all starter quality. They carry the trademark of nearly every good pinkel team in that they don't make many mistakes (penalties and turnovers) and they take the ball away better than any program in d1 football. Theyrun well and pass well. They stop the run and dont give up many points. I don't believe they are elite. But they are pretty damn good. You can only beat the teams on your schedule and very few have done that as well as mizzou.

For those who feel Missouri is so overrated, have you even watched the games? What justifications or reasons do you have to feel that way?

Maybe Mizzou isn't terrible?

Georgia missing half it's offense

Florida has no D

Tenn sucks

All in the east.

You still just stated all the reasons to believe Missouri isn't very good, yet they are in the top 10.

You say that but... Georgia was healthy on d and playing with a healthy oline. Mu won that game in the fourth with a back up freshman and missing thier best defender for nearly all four quarters.

Actually florida d is pretty good its the o that sucks. And we rolled them on both sides of the ball. Again missjng out qb and best defender

Tenn sucks....and they were completely outmanned. Shut down and had a team run for nearly 350 on them while basically sitting on the ball to run out the clock the entire second half.

Isn't dominating teams that are not your equal something good teams do? Not to take a shot at nebraska but many here just 2 weeks ago fancied the huskers a top 15-20 teams. Missouri wins by 3 or more scores easily playing your last two opponents.

As simple question...if not them, then who. And be sure to compare fairly without normal tiger hating bias

Nebraska right now deserves nothing and don't get me wrong.

I believe all teams have injuries and the sign of a good team is to win without them anyway. Does anyone give Nebraska credit for being without two top recievers, starting quarterback, all-american lineman, and starting linebacker? No. Nobody cares. Florida is bad and will continue to be for the rest of the year. Whether that is injury alone or was so to begin the year is not of concern. Georgia had a good run, but if your defense can't help your struggling offense with injuries, then your SOL.

I have watched most of Mizzou's games. Yes, they have some good wins and beat some teams handily. Where are you quality wins? Georgia is a mess without Gurley (don't know the correct spelling) and the recievers they were missing for your game. South Carolina isn't in a much better situation than Georgia (who beat them when they were healthier). Yet Mizzou hit another Pinkle moment in overtime and then proceeded to miss a game tieing field goal.

I am sorry you feel I am uninformed or a hater, but I just don't see the quality just yet. The only game of quality I can see Mizzou being able to hang their hat on is if the beat a very flawed aTm.

Its not about you specifically being a hater. It is the some on this board and what seems like husker fans in general having an issue with Missouri being better than nebraska. And just like before i would say, if not them, then who? Tell me who bama has beaten. How bout Florida state? Clemson and Miami? Miami's best win is Florida, who you said sucks. Clemson has fewer good wins then mizzou. Oregon? Well they beat ucla who has beaten nobody. ohio state, Michigan state, baylor?!

Just look at the teams you feel deserve that ranking. Its really a down year for a group that just wows you. Which brings me back. Mu has 2 wins against the sargarin top 30, which is equal too or more than every team in the bcs top 10 other than Stanford. They also have the highest ranked sos of the top ten other than Stanford. Just curious if mizzou isn't good and doesn't deserve it, then who does?

If you go look at my top ten for the week(it is here somewhere in sports or big ten) I do have Mizzou in the top 10. That is not due to Mizzou success, but rather to the unimpressiveness of everyone. I think Mizzou is no different than a Baylor other than Baylor has mercilessly destroyed everyone, but a misshap with K State. Mizzou doesn't impress, but like Texas Tech before you, until you do fail, you get the benefit of the doubt.

Clemson has beat an uninjury plagued Georgia. Yeah, not much, but still is worth more than Missouri's victory over them. Sorry. That is the way it should be looked at.

UCLA stomped a winning record Nebraska.

Oregon has Washington and UCLA.

Stanford seems legit with a UCLA victory, but that Utah loss. Sweet Jesus!

I give credit to Stanford as best one loss team, but that isn't saying much. One loss teams seem to have bad one losses.

My biggest uprising is Oklahoma! WTF? That got torched by Texas. No matter how you spin it Texas is not good. Getting spanked by Texas this year is unacceptable no matter who you beat. They are maybe a borderline ranked team.