Northwestern vs. Wisconsin

deedsker

I guess I have to start this topic because Northwestern intrigues me. They seem to have the least question marks coming into this season, but they seem to be getting out played by Wisconsin right now. They again appear to not have the athletes to hang with a team I feel they are better than. Is this just me? I thought preseason they were the best in our division.

I guess I have to start this topic because Northwestern intrigues me. They seem to have the least question marks coming into this season, but they seem to be getting out played by Wisconsin right now. They again appear to not have the athletes to hang with a team I feel they are better than. Is this just me? I thought preseason they were the best in our division.

Until Northwestern can recruit on the front seven consistently they will struggle.

They don't have an All American at LB like Pat Fitzgerald back in the 90's to bail them out.

If there is one team that looks like a Classic Big Ten team its Wisconsin. Every other school runs some type of spread.

Northwestern cannot win this conference with just good skill players.

Until Northwestern can recruit on the front seven consistently they will struggle.

They don't have an All American at LB like Pat Fitzgerald back in the 90's to bail them out.

If there is one team that looks like a Classic Big Ten team its Wisconsin. Every other school runs some type of spread.

I think that their O-line is actually what you want from a team in the B1G. The defense isn't exceptional, but only national title teams have every aspect of their game covered. They just seem to have breakdowns where the other teams just asks a guy to go out and out run another player or just push someone else out of the way every once in a while and that is what Northwestern cannot overcome.

I think that their O-line is actually what you want from a team in the B1G. The defense isn't exceptional, but only national title teams have every aspect of their game covered. They just seem to have breakdowns where the other teams just asks a guy to go out and out run another player or just push someone else out of the way every once in a while and that is what Northwestern cannot overcome.

Their offense should be able to play with almost anyone.

The oline however is far less important than the Dline. I don't see impact players on their line-backing corps either. they lack defensive playmakers. Maybe if they can get Parkker Westphal in the secondary that might help with recruiting

I don't see a thread for it and its pointless to make another one. Just want to say UM/PSU....WOW! Two weeks in a row, the B1G has an awesome game. We just need to keep this up and soon enough we will gain some respect

That game was epic! I had to give my friend updates as it happened. Best game I have watched all season.