Official Bowl Game Thread

You know, Mike Tirico made an excellent point: maybe there should have been a penalty on Big Red for being on the field on that last play.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why Sun Belt referees are officiating Sun Belt games. That was easily the worst officiated game I've ever seen. It didn't cost anybody the game, as Michigan fans will be crying about for the next umpteen years. But still...an argument can be made that Big Red stole one tonight.

But through it all, congratulations. I don't agree with Herbstriet in him saying that this is a huge stepping stone for Nebraska...unfortunately, Bill Callahan is still the coach, and I see a similar 7-4ish season for you guys next year. But it is a big win for Nebraska, and you guys should relish it.

I was looking forward to watching this game for a number of reasons...both teams travel well, both teams are underachievers hungry for one last chance to put an exclamation point on their season, both teams have coaches who like yelling at/making throat-slash movements at referees.

And it did not disappoint.

Good game, Big Red, and good season. See you guys next year. I plan on trying to make it to Lincoln for the ol' MU-NU scrum...maybe I will see you guys there.

You know, Mike Tirico made an excellent point: maybe there should have been a penalty on Big Red for being on the field on that last play.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why Sun Belt referees are officiating Sun Belt games. That was easily the worst officiated game I've ever seen. It didn't cost anybody the game, as Michigan fans will be crying about for the next umpteen years. But still...an argument can be made that Big Red stole one tonight.

But through it all, congratulations. I don't agree with Herbstriet in him saying that this is a huge stepping stone for Nebraska...unfortunately, Bill Callahan is still the coach, and I see a similar 7-4ish season for you guys next year. But it is a big win for Nebraska, and you guys should relish it.

I was looking forward to watching this game for a number of reasons...both teams travel well, both teams are underachievers hungry for one last chance to put an exclamation point on their season, both teams have coaches who like yelling at/making throat-slash movements at referees.

And it did not disappoint.

Good game, Big Red, and good season. See you guys next year. I plan on trying to make it to Lincoln for the ol' MU-NU scrum...maybe I will see you guys there.

Ya we ll be 7-4 next year. WHATEVER. WE WON 8-4 aint 7-4. GO AWAY. NO PEEING ON MY WHEATIES THIS EVENING.