No more blackouts

Holy crap! Now this? You should all be fashion critics, assuming most of you are men, and the majority of football fans are men, I've never heard grown men carry on so long about what others are wearing.

I will state this for myself and I alone. I wore black to the game, I also bought a nice black Nebraska hat outside the stadium the day to go with it. If you were to tell me here, or approach me at a game and tell me you don't like my choice of color I wore I would directly and promptly tell you to go f#*k yourself and find something to devote your time to since you clearly have enough time to waste worrying about my attire.

I really don't care about what people want to wear to the game or not but I just have to say that I find it funny that someone that has the name True to the Red......Always is standing up for people wearing black and actually wore black to the game.......doesn't that mean that you are True to the Red......unless everyone wants to wear Black? I'm really not picking on you, I'm just making an observation. It just struck me as rather ironically humorous.

:rollin

Sorry...but have to give credit where it's due. A little off-topic, but the Oregon Ducks wearing pink helmets in appreciation of breast cancer awareness. Try to find 90% of NFL players that have pink in their wardrobes, yet you saw the games. True to the red did say that his black gear was 'Husker' gear. They sell plenty of it. I've got two Blackshirt T-shirts that are my favorites, but if every one of the 91,000 fans at Memorial Stadium decided to wear that, would I be mad? HELL NO. If it's wrong, blame the athletic department licensing people that approves the apparel...not the fans that are still supporting the Huskers, but just doing it with a different look.

I wasn't giving him a hard time, I was just making an observation that his name says that he is true to red and he's standing up for black. I own a lot of black husker shirts, it's who we are. I think a lot of people are putting too much in to this whole Red vs Black discussion so I tried to bring a little humor in to the situation.

Question - does this matter if Nebraska doesn't poop their big boy pants and beats UCLA?

I love Nebraska's traditional look - love the red, love the sea of red and love the classic helmets. But, this one game black look didn't really have any affect on me. That said, moving forward, I would like to see us stick within our true color scheme. I don't mind black accents to the uniform, like the black helmets from 2012, but all black unis incite more fans to wear black. And, in my own personal opinion, I don't like the way the crowd looks when it's not red. Again, for one game, it didn't bother me, but I think we should stick to wear our fans really only feel the need to wear red.

In my personal opinion, I don't care what color you want the crowd to wear.

Most games I wear a red shirt with a black and red hat. Some games I wear a black shirt. And honestly who cares what colors we wear as long as we support the team.

The blackshirts are tradition, part of who the team is. I honestly still can't believe people are this upset about it. It's a fricken shirt.

• Fire 1

Question - does this matter if Nebraska doesn't poop their big boy pants and beats UCLA?

I love Nebraska's traditional look - love the red, love the sea of red and love the classic helmets. But, this one game black look didn't really have any affect on me. That said, moving forward, I would like to see us stick within our true color scheme. I don't mind black accents to the uniform, like the black helmets from 2012, but all black unis incite more fans to wear black. And, in my own personal opinion, I don't like the way the crowd looks when it's not red. Again, for one game, it didn't bother me, but I think we should stick to wear our fans really only feel the need to wear red.

In my personal opinion, I don't care what color you want the crowd to wear.

Most games I wear a red shirt with a black and red hat. Some games I wear a black shirt. And honestly who cares what colors we wear as long as we support the team.

The blackshirts are tradition, part of who the team is. I honestly still can't believe people are this upset about it. It's a fricken shirt.

It's only personal preference. I'm not going to say anything to anyone or think differently of someone for not wearing red. Like I said, I just like the way the crowd looks when it's basked in red a la USC 2007 in Lincoln. One of the coolest looking stadiums I've ever seen.

If you want to wear black, though, wear black. Same with white.

Its not about the blackshirts. It's not about red. Although I love our traditional uniforms and colors, to me we are literally simply discussing a f'ing t shirt.

As long as your yelling as loud as you can when the other team is on the field, if you cheer and high five the fans around you after each score. If you support the hell out of this team when in those stands, I don't give a damn what you are wearing.

(as long as its not purple)

• Fire 1
Its not about the blackshirts. It's not about red. Although I love our traditional uniforms and colors, to me we are literally simply discussing a f'ing t shirt.

As long as your yelling as loud as you can when the other team is on the field, if you cheer and high five the fans around you after each score. If you support the hell out of this team when in those stands, I don't give a damn what you are wearing.

(as long as its not purple)

How is It b******* gets censored and purple doesnt? CONSPIRACY!

Having 1 game where the entire STADIUM is black might be cool, but one corner doesn't really have an effect.

Yes... A scenario where something that would never happen WOULD be cool.

Maybe someday people will understand tradition is at the same time, cooler than their whims and supersedes their wants.