Brussels Sprouts

I make these at least every other week. Couldn't be any easier . . . and they're fantastic.

Ingredients

1 bag of brussels sprouts (about two cups)

olive oil, for cooking

salt, pepper and garlic powder, for seasoning

Preparation

Trim the stems of the brussels sprouts and cut them in half vertically.

Cover the bottom of a stainless steel pan in olive oil. Season the entire pan with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place the sprouts, cut side down, in the oil. Remember that the pan and oil should be cold at this point.

Put the pan over a burner on medium-high heat and cover it. “You’re going to steam them”, Whitsell says. “But it’s going to char the bottom with that garlic powder, salt and pepper. It’s f*cking awesome”. Cook for eight minutes.

http://gearpatrol.co...ak-side-dishes/

ultimate-sides-mob-gear-patrol-brussels-sprouts.jpg

ultimate-sides-mob-gear-patrol-ambiance-8.jpg

ultimate-sides-mob-gear-patrol-ambiance-1.jpg

Can I be the judge for your cookoff?? :)

Include a surf/turf selection; 1 lobster selection but any amount of crab(no faux) selections. Beef and pork selections as desired, but can include BBQ, grilled, smoked, etc. Any vegetables not just seasonal.

Sushi, sashimi must be impeccably fresh :D

• Fire 1

Definitely going to try preparing them this way- looks good. I usually just steam them and toss with a little garlic butter. Unfortunately, I'm the only one in the family who likes brussel sprouts so, needless to say, we I don't have them often.

Steamed with garlic butter sounds fantastic. I really like the recipe that I linked because the taste to effort ratio is fantastic. There are probably better versions . . . but this one is tasty and ridiculously easy.

Also, it doesn't hurt that the 8 minute cook time coincides perfectly with my grill time for a medium rare steak.