So whose decision was it?

True2tRA

The simpler explanation for the mountain of misinformation coming out of Stadium Drive is that neither Bo nor Taylor are very good in front of a microphone. Because neither is a natural, they have trouble delivering a coherent message.

Likely the answer is a bit benign and there's no great clusterf#@k of lies and deceit, but they're so terrible at delivering the agreed-upon story that it gets bungled once they have to talk to reporters.

I think Bo and/or Taylor are a lot of things. I think they'll both bend the truth when they need to. But I don't think either are straight-up liars. They're bad at the talk thing with the words and the out loud and ...stuff.

• Fire 1

"Today I thought the best interest of the team was for me to come back and go on the six-week stretch," Martinez said.

Pelini said he wouldn't have been against Armstrong relieving Martinez if offensive coordinator Tim Beck had wanted the redshirt freshman to play. Martinez said he went into the game expecting Armstrong would play some.

"But it turned into a game," he said, "so we just left me out there."

Yeah I'm a little confused at all of this.

If the above is true ie Pelini wasn't against it if Beck wanted him to play and Martinez thought TA would play, but it became a game.....WTH. Who is running this asylum? This quote, like Knapps twitter thread scares me. No one from Beck to Bo to Martinez thought it was a bad idea to start a guy with broken toes and a bum shoulder who hadn't played in 6 weeks vs a kid (TA) who is 3-0 as a starter with RKIII thrown in as well. Minny is not a juggernaut. I would think they were similar to Illinois or Purdue. What made the staff feel Minny was the start of needing a broken QB? Stupid, stupid, stupid. Again, Beck HAD to know Martinez was hurt, why not run 50 times? Idiots or yes men. The whole staff save one or two needs to be gone. If I was a player, and this crap was true, I would be pissed as all get out and have that "screw this staff mentality". Did I say stupid yet?

• Fire 1
The simpler explanation for the mountain of misinformation coming out of Stadium Drive is that neither Bo nor Taylor are very good in front of a microphone. Because neither is a natural, they have trouble delivering a coherent message.

Likely the answer is a bit benign and there's no great clusterf#@k of lies and deceit, but they're so terrible at delivering the agreed-upon story that it gets bungled once they have to talk to reporters.

I think Bo and/or Taylor are a lot of things. I think they'll both bend the truth when they need to. But I don't think either are straight-up liars. They're bad at the talk thing with the words and the out loud and ...stuff.

Ah yes. That is clearly the simpler explanation. Lol, you crack me up dude.

Yeah, knapp is right. It's not some giant conspiracy. It's mixed messages in what people are saying to the media. At the end of the day all that we're left with is: we don't know who made the call to start Taylor, and we don't know who made the call to keep him in the game. I suspect it was Bo who gave Taylor the green light and the plan was to rotate, but with the game being so close everyone agreed that we had to stick it out with Taylor.

Bo did pull Taylor once in his career and then said it was a mistake he shouldn't have done. In any case I'm not too interested in pointing fingers at this point, let's just see what they do in the next game.

And I thought " we aren't going to play Taylor til' hes 100%" couldn't be any clearer. Damn those bright lights of the media......Bo was clearly overwhelmed and confused. He meant f#*k it Taylor's fine and I want him to be the hero that leads us in a six game win streak again. Oh wait .......what?

Yeah, knapp is right. It's not some giant conspiracy. It's mixed messages in what people are saying to the media. At the end of the day all that we're left with is: we don't know who made the call to start Taylor, and we don't know who made the call to keep him in the game. I suspect it was Bo who gave Taylor the green light and the plan was to rotate, but with the game being so close everyone agreed that we had to stick it out with Taylor.

Bo did pull Taylor once in his career and then said it was a mistake he shouldn't have done. In any case I'm not too interested in pointing fingers at this point, let's just see what they do in the next game.

If that's the case, it just sickens me that Bo just up and gave the green light to Taylor when the kid clearly was nowhere near 100%.

What I imagine happened was Bo and/or Beck straight up asked Taylor if he felt he could go. Taylor, being about 70-80% but tired of missing out on game action, said yes, and the result is the craptastic showing we all saw yesterday on offense.

Yes. I believe Bo decided this was Taylor's time. This was when Taylor would be the knight in shining armor and lead this team on a six game win streak. Silence all the doubters. Bo thought Taylor would come in and the offense would flow just like it did when TA and RK were running it. Well it turns out, Beck couldn't make it go the way it did when TA was out there. Turns out Taylor was still hurt and shouldn't have been out there in the first place. We were losing to a team that we shouldn't be losing to, but Bo saw a glimmer of hope. He thought if we could just stop them, Taylor could get the ball back and he could lead this team to a win. He would be the hero and f#*k all of those fans that doubt this kid he loves. f#*k em all. We will show em Taylor. But then, we never got that stop.......they kept running. First down after first down...come on defense we have to get a stop.... We never did.

But this game was "far from Taylor's fault, hels the least of our problems out there". I think the plan fell through. Minnesota was having none of this welcome back party for Taylor.