Sportsmanship and Nebraska

First, let me say that being at the game was the most fun I have had as a Husker fan. The Michigan fans that were there, were respectful; as were we.

My defensive player of the game was Bowman. Not only did he keep focused at the end of the game, but he made some excellent plays.

On offense, I have to give it up to Ross...there were series that we went 3 and out, because we threw the ball. He should have had over 200 yards.

Now about the sportsmanship. On my way home from San Antonio, I was listening to ESPN Radio (Dan Patrick show). Dana Jacobson from Cold Pizza was hosting, and she is a Michigan fan. She was whining about why wasn't a flag thrown...and on and on. Then some one else cam on with her, and they started talking about sportsmanship. Basically what they said was that Callahan should have went to the Officials at the end and said "We had guys on the field....penalize us."

I get what they are trying to say, but the Carr should have to do the same thing...cause they had personnel on the field as well. Callahan is not a referee, it isn't his job to call penalties. I just really hate that ESPN has such problem with anything good ever happening for Nebraska. The only person I like that works for ESPN is Kirk Herbstreit.

On offense, I have to give it up to Ross

agree, Taylor took some hits and proved even more what a tough SOB he is but Ross had his best game of the season and a lot times he WAS the offense.

cause they had personnel on the field as well

good point but keep in mind that many UM fans haven't come to terms with fact yet. they are still even today pretending that only Nebraska had people on the field.

though, even with all of ESPN's pro-Michigan spinning, even their people are now saying it should have been offsetting penalties on both teams.

On gameday Rece Davis said some official told him offsetting penalties = GAME OVER. Nebraska Wins.

so basically what Michigan fans are asking for with a correctly-ref'd last play still results in a Husker win. so get over it.

Yeah I talked to a Michigan fan today at my gym and he was saying the same thing about Nebraska being on the field when clearly on the replays you can see Michigan coaches and players out on the field and when the play is coming down the Michigan sideline the coaches start pulling some of the players back out of the runners way!!! Bottom line we won you lose get over it GBR!!! :restore2

Basically what they said was that Callahan should have went to the Officials at the end and said "We had guys on the field....penalize us."

What? Were they high? What coach would go out and do something like. Moreover, what referee would actually do it? Basically admitting that they don't know what the hell they are doing.

How dumb can some people be? Jeez.

UM fans will dedhoarse for the next ten years.  its not like the PSU game where the reciever cought the ball 3 yrds out of bounds.

the refs were bad for both teams.

rob, are you still whining about the PSU game? A 20+ year old "bad call"?

Michigan lost the game. Historical fact. Just like NU lost the Penn State game over twenty years ago. Get over it.

Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle. dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

You are so on the money BigRed Iowan,

I live in Michigan and mose UM fans still Whine about the coaches giving Tom Osborn a retirement gift in 1997 with the split championship. Some UM fans even live in denial to the point of forgeting facts - I got into a major "debate" with my wife's boss at her 2004 Christmas party because she insisted that UM never split a championship, and if they did, it certainly was not with NU. I found a reference to prove my case and sent it to her the following Monday and all she had to say in reply was "That's too funny". Don't worry, my wife didn't get fired.

As for this years issue, the local news programs show the final play and point out that there should have been a penalty called. I can't understand how they can not see their own guys doing the same thing...