Conference Standings in Bowls

husker rob

That being said, it looks like NU is moving towards a Big 10 style team (big, slow, "pro style"), which means they will fall short when going up against the elite speed teams from the South.

What are you even talking about? The Badgers handed it to Auburn and PSU beat FSU. The only teams from the Big 10 to lose to south schools during the bowls was Iowa and Northwestern. Are Auburn and FSU not "elite" south speed teams? Did you not see OSU play? They looked so freakin slow. :wacko: Nice try.

The last I checked, Auburn is not one of the elite, when was the last time they played for a NC???

FSU, yes is an elite school, but didnt they finish 7-5 this year. And it took Big 10 champ PSU 3 OTs to put away a 7-5 team. :wtf

I wouldnt hang my hat on those 2 teams in this discussion.

That being said, it looks like NU is moving towards a Big 10 style team (big, slow, "pro style"), which means they will fall short when going up against the elite speed teams from the South.

What are you even talking about? The Badgers handed it to Auburn and PSU beat FSU. The only teams from the Big 10 to lose to south schools during the bowls was Iowa and Northwestern. Are Auburn and FSU not "elite" south speed teams? Did you not see OSU play? They looked so freakin slow. :wacko: Nice try.

The last I checked, Auburn is not one of the elite, when was the last time they played for a NC???

FSU, yes is an elite school, but didnt they finish 7-5 this year. And it took Big 10 champ PSU 3 OTs to put away a 7-5 team. :wtf

Georgia, an "elite" speed team from the south, got beat by West Virginia, a team many people had given no chance. Nebraska is by no means moving toward a "slower" big 10 style of play. Isn't Callahan adding to our team speed, if anything? Also, Auburn went undefeated last year in the "elite" southern conference. I would say they are one of the best southern teams out there this year again. :bang

So what "elite" teams are you talking about? Florida and Virginia? Or are you going by Texas coming from behind to beat OSU? Or Michigan last year? Or Iowa beating LSU last year? What "Elite" teams do you have in mind? Please let me know where this is coming from.

I couldnt agree more. I loathe the Big 10, and any time one of theirs suffers a loss, I have to crack a smile. The North has represented itself nicely in bowls, too :thumbs

That being said, it looks like NU is moving towards a Big 10 style team (big, slow, "pro style"), which means they will fall short when going up against the elite speed teams from the South. Most of (if not all) of the coaches on this staff have Big 10 roots.

Oh for crying out loud do you ever stop :wtf:wtf:wtf

I couldnt agree more. I loathe the Big 10, and any time one of theirs suffers a loss, I have to crack a smile. The North has represented itself nicely in bowls, too :thumbs

That being said, it looks like NU is moving towards a Big 10 style team (big, slow, "pro style"), which means they will fall short when going up against the elite speed teams from the South. Most of (if not all) of the coaches on this staff have Big 10 roots.

really do think that he ever will.

fyi AU record since 2000

2000 9-4

2001 8-4

2002 9-4

2003 9-4

2004 13-0

2005 9-3

total 57-19

i would say that ranks them up in the top of the SEC

No he doesn't. It's like he strives for attention. Maybe he wasn't breast fed as a child! :dumdum

really do think that he ever will.

fyi AU record since 2000

2000 9-4

2001 8-4

2002 9-4

2003 9-4

2004 13-0

2005 9-3

total 57-19

i would say that ranks them up in the top of the SEC

How many SEC title do they have and how many NCs have they played for??

So what "elite" teams are you talking about? Florida and Virginia? Or are you going by Texas coming from behind to beat OSU? Or Michigan last year? Or Iowa beating LSU last year? What "Elite" teams do you have in mind? Please let me know where this is coming from.

I would say elite teams like the Miami's, FSU's, Florida's, Texas's, OU's, USC's, etc.

No he doesn't. It's like he strives for attention. Maybe he wasn't breast fed as a child! :dumdum

Classy post.

Response in the woodshed.

my gawd........what team have you been watching all season? big, slow guys??

maybe the line need to get quicker feet, but hell the skill guys are not slow and we damn sure aren't recruiting slow guys! (our linebackers are cat-quick moving side to side all over the field) i can just see it now, cally goes undefeated in a couple years and you find something to bitch about.....you know former, none of us can take anything you say as real......never have.....never will :dumdum

hunter

How many SEC title do they have and how many NCs have they played for??

I believe in this time frame they have just as many Conference Championships as Texas does. I also believe they have more of them then Florida during this period. Now overall history is another thing.

I would say elite teams like the Miami's, FSU's, Florida's, Texas's, OU's, USC's, etc.

You throw Ohio State of the last five years with all of these teams. Crap I would thank the Hawks have just as good a record over the last 5 years as FSU does. Icould be wrong though. If you ask me Florida isn't "Elite" and hasn't been since the Ole Ball Coach left.(That's not saying they aren't going to get back there though) I'll give you USC, OU, UT, Miami. I'm sure LSU should be in there as well.

but hell the skill guys are not slow and we damn sure aren't recruiting slow guys!

Hmm, the only speed guys at WR are Hardy, Fluellen, and LeFlore. The kids being recruited are bigger slower wr's. Not sure about RB's as they never seem to have room to break a big run. Taylor doesnt have the speed of, well, any past NU qb.

As far as DBs, it seems that NU has good speed at DB at this time.

(our linebackers are cat-quick moving side to side all over the field)

Didnt look too great getting 480 yards put up on them by Brad Smith, or by having UMss WR's beat our LB's down the field almost every play.

I could be wrong, but when NU plays one of the elite teams again, we will see how they compare athletically. Lets see what happens vs USC and UT next year.

Didnt look too great getting 480 yards put up on them by Brad Smith, or by having UMss WR's beat our LB's down the field almost every play.

Bravo genius... Hmmm LB's getting beat covering WR's.... WOW great insight. Oh the humanity! :thumbs:dumdum

Obviously, NUs coaches were not smart enough to figure that out :wacko:

But then again, look who Im talking to :dumdum