Tailgating Questions

Hey ya'll. I'm making the trip over from Iowa and I had a couple of questions I was hoping you could help me with.

1. Do I need a parking pass prior to gameday? I would like to get one in a lot I can tailgate in, and I'm not sure if there are general parking tailgate lots or not.

2. Regarding the alcohol policy, is it strictly enforced? Pour beers into cups to avoid trouble? I've never ran into this kind of a thing on the road, and in my previous trip to Lincoln we didn't tailgate.

3. Do all donor lots allow tailgating?

Thanks in advance to everyone taking the time!

Tail gating will be weak with the early start, but there usually isn't a problem with it anywhere. Most of the good lots are sold out from last spring. If nothing else I'd plan on going down into the haymarket. There you can walk from place to place with beer in hand and its legal. But if you're in a lot drinking there isn't much of a issue as long as no one is being an A hole.

Tailgating downtown is actually a bit tough. All the lots are full and the passes are sold. Your two best bets are at 10th & Military, the Native American Center, and the NSAA lot. Both are privately owned and nothing will happen to your vehicle while it's there. Both charge either $15 or $20, can't remember for sure.

You will need to bring a supply of cups. Red solo cups are the best because of the color, which is really awesome, but you can choose whichever color you want.

The Native American Center is at 10th & Military, at the top of this map.

The NSAA lot is to the left side of this map, north of Lot 20.

If you get to Lincoln early enough, you can try to park in one of the yards/driveways of civilians who sell such spaces in the neighborhood to the north of the stadium, across the train tracks. They vary in pricing, but are usually around $15-$20.

2013unlparkingmap.png

• Fire 1

I appreciate all of the help, guys. I may just get a pass in lot 7 and say screw it so that we can tailgate near the stadium. The cups are a must though, from what I'm seeing? Tailgating without beer would be quite possibly the craziest thing I've ever done. :ahhhhhhhh It's supposed to be mild for late November, so we want to bring our cornhole and whatnot as we may not make the bowl game.

People show up there at the crack of dawn. I don't own that tailgate spot so I don't know if they sell that lot to the general public. If so, you're in luck. If not, go to either of the other two lots I mentioned above.

Be sure to wear your Hawkeye gear. It's Lincoln, Nebraska, so you're not going to get any grief. You'll likely be invited over to other tailgates for a beverage in a cup. I'll see if I can find your tent. I'll be the big guy wearing red.

People show up there at the crack of dawn. I don't own that tailgate spot so I don't know if they sell that lot to the general public. If so, you're in luck. If not, go to either of the other two lots I mentioned above.

Be sure to wear your Hawkeye gear. It's Lincoln, Nebraska, so you're not going to get any grief. You'll likely be invited over to other tailgates for a beverage in a cup. I'll see if I can find your tent. I'll be the big guy wearing red.

Ahh, the big guy wearing red amongst 80,000 others in red.;)

I have a pass for Lot 7 now. Looking forward to it.