Vincent Valentine and Randy Gregory

I thought Valentine really showed up well today. That guy's just big and seems like in the coming years he'll be able to push guys around easily.

Randy Gregory ofcourse too shows a lot of potential on the line. He seems sometimes like a linebacker on theline with his speed and agility. If he gets a bit more size while keeping his speed he could be pretty good too.

My question is do you guys think Gregory or Valentine will be a bigger presence next year and then down the line?

They certainly should be. Seems like a light went on for Valentine over the last few games.

Did the light go on or did he finally get an opportunity to play once Bo was forced to take Thad off the field due to an injury. VV could have been doing this all season but our coaches have played a severely less talented, less effective senior in VV's place. Thad played 65 snaps on defense against Minnesota. VV played fewer than 5, 2 of which were on special teams.

RG isn't big enough or mature enough physically to go pro like he was considering, so IMO this was just talk out of an emotional 20year old. Not to mention, all it ever seems to take in these situations is the new coach to come in, stroke the kids ego, promise him the moon and all is well again.

I thought Valentine really showed up well today. That guy's just big and seems like in the coming years he'll be able to push guys around easily.

Randy Gregory ofcourse too shows a lot of potential on the line. He seems sometimes like a linebacker on theline with his speed and agility. If he gets a bit more size while keeping his speed he could be pretty good too.

My question is do you guys think Gregory or Valentine will be a bigger presence next year and then down the line?

They certainly should be. Seems like a light went on for Valentine over the last few games.

Did the light go on or did he finally get an opportunity to play once Bo was forced to take Thad off the field due to an injury. VV could have been doing this all season but our coaches have played a severely less talented, less effective senior in VV's place. Thad played 65 snaps on defense against Minnesota. VV played fewer than 5, 2 of which were on special teams.

Valentine's been out there, but hadn't really made an impact. If i recall correctly, I read or heard a coach talk about things had started to click for Valentine.