You're Bo. What changes do you make

lo country

If I'm Bo, I need to see my team is an extension of me. The unsportsmanlike conduct penalty is a perfect example. That penalty was a microcosm of my team, a team that continually loses focus and lacks discipline. When adversity hit my team, what did I do? I lost focus and cost my team even more. That doesn't mean I need to tone down my aggression or not stand up for my players, but it does mean I need to be more aware of how my actions and leadership affects my team.

I also need to take a thorough look at my coaching staff and evaluate their performance. I'm the head football coach at Nebraska, one of 10 or 15 best coaching jobs in the country. I don't have time to wait for my staff's deficiencies to work themselves out. I need guys that know what they're doing and can help me win now, not five years from now. If that means I need let go of friends and find experience, so be it, because that's part of my job. Unless, of course, I have 100% confidence in their abilities moving forward.

nice thought, but Bo has been ignoring this little voice in his head all year.

Just a joke incoming.

Since I know I can get away with anything now, I declare myself emperor. I am going to need help so I fit barney cotton with a cool helmet and name him Darth. The players will now wear stormtrooper outfits. Barney must always say I am your father to Sam and Jake. Tim beck gets to be bobba fett and shoot a laser at a giant playbook. Whatever play he hits is what we run. I make pappy dress up like an ewok, cause nothing makes me laugh like cussing at an ewok. I cut all blonde haired guys from the team, because I know how that story ends. The media would be thrown in labor camps along with any who oppose my will. Their first task will be to start construction on my death star. Once that is complete we should be on track to win the national championship. Its a process so just bear with me.

1. Ban the players from Twitter.

2. Change the culture of negativity. There is too much "us-against-the-world," too much caring what the fans or the media think. Both coaches and players need to refocus on their role within the program so that they can actually enjoy going to work every day.

3. Overhaul the program's approach to public relations. The website needs a restart, but really, Nebraska needs to control the media narrative, rather than being controlled by it. That means giving more access at practice, giving more access to players and to coaches alike until there's no room for speculation.

When the media doesn't have anything to write about, they still have to write something - and that's when they start concocting narratives of their own. You have to feed them the narrative you want. If the coaches don't invite the media into a couple bowl practices to show them what they're doing to work on special teams or on turnovers, it's a mistake.

4. Change the way the team practices - more good-on-good, more full-contact, more full-speed

5. Hire recruiting staff similar to what Alabama has (this is probably more on Eichorst or on Jamrog).

6. Re-delegate special teams coaching duties. Somebody should be in charge of kick return, somebody in charge of kick coverage, somebody else in charge of punt return, etc.

Good post Hercules.

Just a joke incoming.

Since I know I can get away with anything now, I declare myself emperor. I am going to need help so I fit barney cotton with a cool helmet and name him Darth. The players will now wear stormtrooper outfits. Barney must always say I am your father to Sam and Jake. Tim beck gets to be bobba fett and shoot a laser at a giant playbook. Whatever play he hits is what we run. I make pappy dress up like an ewok, cause nothing makes me laugh like cussing at an ewok. I cut all blonde haired guys from the team, because I know how that story ends. The media would be thrown in labor camps along with any who oppose my will. Their first task will be to start construction on my death star. Once that is complete we should be on track to win the national championship. Its a process so just bear with me.

Miss.gif

Just a joke incoming.

Miss.gif

Ha funny gif. I just kept watching it over and over laughing. To each his own though. Not everyone gets my humor sometimes. I thought it was humorous and that's all care about.