Support staff for Nebraska football program

Much respect Danimal. But hire a big time DC? You do remember Bo Pelini was a big time DC on paper? What happened in the past six years? What's the reasoning? The excuse? Was he hired because, at the end of the day, a DC Coach deserved to be a coach? With no previous HC experience? And 4 loses a year can be overlooked for years and years as long as he gets angry and says that they do it right here?

I understand what you are saying but Bo isn't going anywhere, so how do you fix what we're doing? I think we can execute a different scheme more consistently with a true DC than the current one with Bo wearing both the HC and de-facto DC hats. I'd make another run at Zook, good defensive mind that can recruit. On O I think solidifying our qb play would do a lot for us.

Much respect Danimal. But hire a big time DC? You do remember Bo Pelini was a big time DC on paper? What happened in the past six years? What's the reasoning? The excuse? Was he hired because, at the end of the day, a DC Coach deserved to be a coach? With no previous HC experience? And 4 loses a year can be overlooked for years and years as long as he gets angry and says that they do it right here?

??????????????

tumblr_m96qikFvMa1qlydob.jpg

• Fire 1

Given our considerable geographic disadvantage we do need more recruiting-staff. Two is a start, but not enough. Plus we still need a plane. I'd put Els and Cotton in the spots. Move Paps to LB's/ ST's or co-DC, hire a bigtime DC. Give Fisher the TE's, hire a qb-coach/ ST's or co-OC.

I'm not so sure if we'd demote JP but I wouldn't mind a B1G time DC Pat Narduzzi anyone, I think Els is over extended and it showed on ST's would love to see a QB coach and ST cord brought in.

If we wanna compete with the big boys its time we get a staff thats at least comparable to them

Bo's plan was to put people in regions to be scouts. Kind of like NFL or MLB or even basketball using AAU teams. We'd have about 6 people living in their areas and then 2-4 folks to organize stuff at UNL. He got two. Which is better than nothing.

The administration gave him two when he asked for six? That's terrible. Eichorst needs to fix that like NOW.

That is completely on Tom is it not? Eichorst definitely needs to fix this!

That was from meetings this spring. I don't know if it was ever brought up before or not. I would guess it was at the same time Bo asked for a private plane. I would guess things were listed in order by need and getting the air fleet they now have access to was more important not only for football but all sports. I know TO made mention last summer he thought we'd see maybe up to 4 people added to staff but that was a decision for people other than him since they no longer needed his input.

We advertised for 2. I don't know if its a start or that's all she wrote. I bet we know more after signing day.